Hi Everybody. Newbie Here.

BrianErdmann

Hi Everybody. I'm Brian who lives in the Los Angeles area. Great to meet all of you. I found this group in a search looking up a cooking concept on a Weber Kettle.

I used Weber Kettles for years. Had a 22" at my fraternity house that everyone ask me to cook on (just burgers, brats, and hot dogs). I've always enjoyed cooking, plus I worked in restaurants to pay my way through college. I also owned 2 Smokey Joe's that were used for the same type of grilling. I've also owned a gas grill and propane smoker. I just recently started watching videos on using a Weber kettle to smoke on and went out and bought a Master-Touch. Wow, so happy I did. It's been so much fun with my first few cooks. To add to my history, I found out that I never understood how versatile Weber kettles were and how I had no clue on how to use them until recently. Now I'm having so much fun leaning what I didn't know how to do before.

A little history about myself. I grew up in the Upper Midwest and moved to the Los Angeles area over 20 yeas ago. I was a Computer Systems Engineer for 25 years and felt it was time for a change and went in to Real Estate Sales 7 years ago.

I am looking forward to learning different concepts and ideas cooking on an a Weber Kettle. Great to meet you all.

Welcome! Surf around here. There are tons of recipes and ideas to help with you smoke! You will find a lot of info from all the great people on here! The next step is to get your hands on a WSM!

Welcome from Iowa. The Weber Kettle is indeed a great cooking vessel. So versatile as you are learning. There is a lot to learn from this site and people are more than willing to give you tips and ideas. I have learned a ton here and enjoy seeing what everyone is cooking up. Have fun!

Welcome from Arizona, we also came from California, Orange county 21years ago how time fly's when you're having fun.😊 You are in the right place to learn anything about BBQ on your Weber's. We have some awesome cook's and they do some wonderful cooks. Looking forward to seeing you posts.

Back