hi all where can i find the serial # on a 5000

PatrickG

TVWBB Super Fan
i just picked up a 5000 that was almost all in pieces where is the serial # located and did they all have side burners ;o) please help it does not have the xtra knob on the control panel did they all have the xtra knob thanks for any help

and where do get a flip it decal ;0)

Look under the control panel or look on the very right end of the control panel. That is where you would typically find them on a regular Genesis 1000, but with the cabinet, they might have put it inside the cabinet. If so, I would look on the right part of the inside of the cabinet. Most of the Serial number stickers were long and skinny. About an inch wide and 6 inches long maybe.

I am 98% sure all the Genesis 5000 grills came with the extra burner. If you are talking about the "Flame Check" button as being the extra knob, I do believe they all all had that extra knob. It was part of the extra burner apparatus. If yours does not have either the extra knob and or burner, it could be that they swapped parts out with one from a grill that did not have the extra burner.

i just picked up a 5000 that was almost all in pieces where is the serial # located and did they all have side burners ;o) please help it does not have the xtra knob on the control panel did they all have the xtra knob thanks for any help

and where do get a flip it decal ;0)
IM going to need to see pics of this bad boy lol

The Flame Check valves/thermocouple on the 5000 tend to fail over time, and as far as I am aware replacments are not available.
So to keep the flames happening, you can sit half a brick on top of the Flame check button to keep it down and the gas flowing (not a particularly attractive look) or you remove the valve and bypass it, so it works like a standard Genesis.

Removing the 'Flame Check' also lets you turn off the front burner if you wish not to use it while running the other middle and back burners,
If you turn the front burner off with the Flame Check valve working it shuts the gas flow off to all burners.

CHeck out page 30 in the owners manual attached below:

Attachments

• Geneis 5000 LP Manual.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 9
Bobby, I do have a gray lid with red stripes. I think a lot of the Genesis 5000's came with those lids.
I bought a 5000 yesterday and it has the pinkish colored lid but it has a big chip and dent. It has the gray wood not durawood and i think the gray lid would match well. Do u want to sell the lid? Dont need the end caps.

I would consider selling it, but shipping is a big problem. If you can figure out a way to ship it that would work for you, I would consider letting it go for $60.00 if you pay shipping charges. Unless you are planning a trip to S. Central Wisconsin soon.... Then there is always the Midwest Gas Grill meet this summer.

I would consider selling it, but shipping is a big problem. If you can figure out a way to ship it that would work for you, I would consider letting it go for $60.00 if you pay shipping charges. Unless you are planning a trip to S. Central Wisconsin soon.... Then there is always the Midwest Gas Grill meet this summer.
Ok. Thanks. I will let you know.

t0sG1c6.jpg

I think the flame check is synonymous with grills having the side burner which in itself lends to the "higher end" grills having the flame check button.

Back