Hey WI guys Someone get this

That's a Junior, correct? There is one near me hidden in a garage sale that I won't be running for, but I do like the Junior. A natural gas one at that seems rare!

No not a Junior. It's a 1 or 1000 I can't quite tell. But it's all there including both wire racks

Aha. The side table picture angle tricked me! I was thinking Juniors only have 2 burners and usually no side table. Aside, it would be fun to have a Junior. I remember a few years ago somebody rehabbed one and even customized burner tubes.

It is a 1, guessing very early 1990s. I got one of those small condiment shelves at the “parts swap” at the Upper Midwest Meet yesterday!

Aha. The side table picture angle tricked me! I was thinking Juniors only have 2 burners and usually no side table. Aside, it would be fun to have a Junior. I remember a few years ago somebody rehabbed one and even customized burner tubes.

I resemble that remark. ;)

Jeff

Yes, they have two layers of flavorizer bars. 5 bottom and 6 top. We had a Jr at the Grill meet yesterday. It was in it's natural state. Uncleaned or rehabbed, but still in awesome condition.

F1B996A9-1A21-43D0-9AAE-B5F01AD21BF3.jpegIMG_6946.jpg20210619_123459.jpg

I now have 2 (1 not assembled), so if you can wait and make a Midwest road trip maybe I can help!

I now have 2 (1 not assembled), so if you can wait and make a Midwest road trip maybe I can help!
Very nice of you to offer, but I think I'll just be checking locally. At this time, I have the 2000 hooked to the NG line, and somehow I have a 1000 (in non-rehabbed condition) that I am going to use while I re-rehab the 2000. Of course I have some parts laying around too, but I must say that I am nowhere near at all the level of one who rehabs to flip, somehow. I've seen the "spare parts" posts, and while it would be great to have an inventory like that, I look at it like boats. It is better to have a friend with a boat than to have one yourself.

I seriously should not have said any of those things. Somehow I can see myself ending up towing a boat on a trailer to the midwest, bringing some obscure parts only to return with like six grills in the boat, all so I can end up with new z brackets that won't fit the Junior :)

Looks like an old school spirit. My brother had one with the same frame that had that center piece down the middle, and it was pretty wobbly. Pretty sure it only had one row of flavorizers

The XX/XXI, later called the "Jr.", is different from the Spirit that replaced it. The Jr. is the same dimensions front to back as the full-size Genesis, but it is only about 2/3 as wide (if that). The middle burner was eliminated, but the front and back ones are still in the same position, just shorter. This grill DOES have TWO ROWS of flavorizer bars, just a few less in total due to the smaller size.

In spite of the double row of flavorizer bars, it has a reputation of not being the best cooker. Presumably this is because of the wide space between the two burners. When they came out with the 2-burner Spirit, they made the fire box more proportionately smaller. That reduces the space between the two burners, and it also makes the appearance less "cute" than the stubby Jr. This grill did a great job for us at the Meet this past Saturday, so I am not as sure that it deserves a bad reputation.

The one I got - thanks to Bruce's generous efforts to get it all the way from Minnesota - is a rare survivor that must have lived a charmed life away from the elements. Although the very first XX/XXI/Jr. grill had the single horizontal bottom frame bar like you described, this one has two, front and back, just like a regular Genesis. Considering that it is 33 years old, it is very solid. I consider myself very blessed to have such a cool piece of Weber history! It even came with the original owners manual and a working rotisserie with the correct size spit in perfect condition.

Back