He's Loco! My favorite breakfast dish!

That looks so good I took a extra cholesterol pill so I could enjoy the pictures longer, really a creation of goodness!

Hey Case, you rolled that like a pro ! Nice job !

I've been to Bend a couple times, nice place. Does Deschutes still have a brewpub in town ?

Hey Case, you rolled that like a pro ! Nice job !

I've been to Bend a couple times, nice place. Does Deschutes still have a brewpub in town ?

Thanks!

Yeah Deschutes is still here. Unfortunately they have become to big and the food has gone down hill. Fortunately we have another 20 Micros to choose from. Lots of great small Micros producing better beer and better food!

My wife and I were talking about Loco Moco just yesterday. Her favorite dish from Hawaii. I've never had it, but now I want to try! Awesome pictures.

My wife and I were talking about Loco Moco just yesterday. Her favorite dish from Hawaii. I've never had it, but now I want to try! Awesome pictures.

Thank you! It's the best breakfast ever!!! You really should give it a try! Traditional Loco Moco is super easy to make!

I have had Loco Moco from a local Hawaiian place nearby, but it looks like your sausage version would blow that away!

I have had Loco Moco from a local Hawaiian place nearby, but it looks like your sausage version would blow that away!

Thank you!!! It was a pretty fantastic Loco Moco!! It's not an everyday Loco Moco. But sure is a treat!

Out of this world!

This past fall I was in Maui and on the advice of locals went for mixed plate, tried the egg on burger patty on rice drowned in gravy and was disappointed. Yours looks AMAZING! Well done! Beautiful pics!

Looks like a dream!
One problem I always have is trying to get drippings is impossible when I grill or smoke just about anything. But I love gravy!! How did you make that? Powder mix? Jar? Can?
Growling as I sit here looking at pix isn't a dog, as I thought. It's my gut! (not joking either)

Out of this world!

This past fall I was in Maui and on the advice of locals went for mixed plate, tried the egg on burger patty on rice drowned in gravy and was disappointed. Yours looks AMAZING! Well done! Beautiful pics!

Thank you! Loco Moco can be hit and miss the best I've found is on The big island in Waimea at a place called Island Style. It's enough for three breakfasts though. Platter of rice 3 burger patties and three eggs!!!

Looks like a dream!
One problem I always have is trying to get drippings is impossible when I grill or smoke just about anything. But I love gravy!! How did you make that? Powder mix? Jar? Can?
Growling as I sit here looking at pix isn't a dog, as I thought. It's my gut! (not joking either)

Thank you! I always use a cheap packet of powdered brown gravy. To collet drippings in the smoker I'll place a disposable foil pan below the meat. I use the 9x9 size as it fits in the mini-WSM. Sometimes I'll put a wire cooling rack on the pan and then the meat on that rack.

Back