Heres Manning vs Brady Plus Deer Sausage & Jerky

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
my boy came home w two more deer sunday afternoon and one was his first buck. dang im feelin kinda old. hehe, get the rockin chair. yep his dad had a couple of celebration slabs thawed and ready. man, boy, meat/fire/pit, and legendary football matchup. oh wait, and some frosty's.

just a 2" boneless ribeye for the chief bullshi**er (me) and a 1.25" porterhouse for the son. both usda prime, this means salt and pepper only, pecan wood, direct sear for 3 mins per side then indirect for 16. his came off and under foil, and mine stayed on for an extra 8 minutes since it was thick.

shiner premium got the call for the suds, and the new buck knife he earned this year. does it get any better my friends?

perfect smoking temp is 175 right, I believe? Saturday I did a trial run with beef, so sunday i had it within grasp. it was on for 10 hours. any tips on jerky making are appreciated, i see yall having some good good jerky grub out here.

thanks for the kind words on the recent posts.

don't lift the lid...

That looks great. You cant beat deer jerky and sausage.

I use a dehydrator to do my jerky. The only thing I can tell you is to let it cool thoroughly and sit out a bit before you store it or it will soften up again

Looks good!

Roger. ok c'mon chief swing on down, ill have the pits ready for yall.
Rick. Thanks I did like you suggested and it seems to be storing fine.
John. Still have some, but dwindling.... although kids like the mass-produced softer store-bought stuff not dads hard chewy homemade stuff hehehe.
Mike. Yes its old country, had a bent hinge on the side trap door and got 30% off... nothing a torch and pair of visegrips didn't fix.

Back