Here we go ! I'm back !!!

Hey guys !!! I'm going to be doing rolling updates as I do this cook ;) so stay tuned...

Going with the snake method with Apple and oak wine barrel smokes :)
image_zps8he37xwn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

here we have a chuck roast and a boneless rolled pork butt :) (that's all the butcher had in pork butts... I was very disappointed)

image_zps6onpcpw7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

All rubbed up with EVOO and yes I was lazy and got some store bought rubs :p also injected with beef stock with cayenne garlic and onion powders and apple juice for the pork

image_zpsfzp7ecop.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And off we go !

image_zpsrapupfss.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And these are my sauces for when pulled

image_zpst0ebqnr2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
It might be all the beer talking but you really got me interisted ;)... those are some big hunks of meat, are you planning on not cooking for a week?

Well it's now 7:30 ish and the pork is smaller so the thermometer is in that and it's only reading an internal temp of 170... Just firing up a batch of coals to go in as I'm starting to run low :( I'll be sitting tight till these babies are done... Although I'm running out of beer :O

Well that's ****ed then.... Excuse my French but I broke my thermometer... Pork is done I'll post pics but chuck is still going ? Not sure when I need to pull it off ?

Here's my dinner for tonight.. It's only 10:00 pm :O but jeesh it's worth it !

image_zps8hvhxqpx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpshwpf6xpq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsm8zs3gcv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The beef will have to wait till in the morning...

Last edited:
When the thermometers break you gotta kick it old school , brother ! Probe for tender , feel the give in the meat just like our ancestors. Hope the beef came out good. :cool:

Thanks guys :) and yes it is great to be back cooking ! I think that sometimes we take for granted what we do cooking wise and it's not until your put in a position like I was that makes you realise that fact ! I love my WSM !!! :wsm: so I'm going to finish my first cook back with 2 more photos I wish I had have taken 3... One while I was pulling the beef would have been great ! It was so juicy and tender it just fell apart and it was cold when I pulled it ha ha ha ! Oh well here we go ;)

image_zpsojuytqvt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsrludzqcy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Once again thanks guys for the kind comments and I'll be back this weekend ;) oh and I got my thermometer running again a simple press of the teeny tiny reset button that I overlooked last night worked a treat :)

Last edited:

Back