Herb Garden

I would love to grow garlic and try different types. Usually planted in fall and harvested in summer, iirc. Mom does it but I am unfamiliar with it. I keep making her raised garden bigger every year. This house uses more garlic than an Italian Restaurant. Lettuce, herbs,....

Last edited:
Looks pretty similar Jim, must work good enough if you keep on using them.
It looks to me like they are going to struggle for space but I’m sure they wouldn't have made it that way.

Looks pretty similar Jim, must work good enough if you keep on using them.
It looks to me like they are going to struggle for space but I’m sure they wouldn't have made it that way.
those have the house to themselves 99% of the time, only when that photo was taken, she (the gardener) was moving things around... with the lights on 15 hours a day, they seem to work best in the back room where the heat from the woodstove doesn't help dry them out and add to the watering system.... yeah, they work AWESOMELY! (is that a word?)
I would also like to grow garlic. Having many jars of fermented garlic for the off season is my goal this years and it’s expensive when it comes in season around here.
check in with Rich from Oregon, he started us on garlic wow like 7 years ago i think... we love growing gaaaaalic too!

I plan on doing transplants outside once I can.
Generally I will have to be waiting until about June to be safe.
It seems like I may have started at the wrong time of year for that......
I wasn't thinking about that when I started the garden.
next year I will be a bit smarter that way.
Right now its about 0 degrees F out......chilly.

Back