1 cup vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire
1T kosher
1T Turbinado sugar
1t granulated garlic powder
1t granulated onion powder
1t (or more) fresh ground pepper
1/2 t celery salt
then tossed on a hot grill and basted every 5 to 10 minutes with the same, butt fresh marinade, this time containing veggie oil. Turning before basting...
Also Yukons and a boat of carrots in chicken broth.
DSCN2424.jpg
DSCN2425.jpg

Just kept adding more on this wonderful solution to the thighs as the flames got higher and higher...
DSCN2426.jpg

When the chicken was cooked, and the carrots were cooked and the 'tatoes were ready...off they go and enter.... Bok Choy!
DSCN2428.jpg

Flip 'em, turn 'em, jus don't burn 'em!
Add a bottle of Monte Antico Toscana (with a stelvin closure)
wine%20drinker.gif
...and dinner is served.
DSCN2432.jpg

This chicken recipe is terrific, it is Liz' most favourite AND most requested...
aww, perhaps I should tell ya the name of it.
Sure, it's called Roadside Chicken.
Bryan, Liz absolutely L
smiley-love008.gif
VESthis recipe, Thank you!
And Thank you for dealing with my nonsense
icon_biggrin.gif

Enjoy the evening!

dang dude. i am about to marinade some tequila lime chicken breasts overnight for tomorrow but this thread might change my mind.

Jim, awesome cook as always. I am going to be mixing up a batch of roadside chicken sauce for the first time. I am going to grill up some chicken breasts with it tomorrow. I am so excited as everyone raves about how awesome it is. I am not planning on marinading the breasts. I hope it still comes out good. Wish me luck! I will let you know how it turns out. Again, Awesome looking feast Jim!

Well heck Jim, I'm usually in bed by now and don't see your cooks until the next morning.
I'm presently full from my supper, but craving some of Liz's "Favourite Chicken!"
Outstanding!!

Oh Ya Jim that loooooks fantastic!

My wife(Linda) loves Roadside Chicken also and request it quit often, but then I also love it
icon_wink.gif

Thanks for sharing and I don't mind dealing with your nonsense
icon_biggrin.gif

Great pics Jim.

BTW - I am so glad you joined this board. Good posts and ideas and fantastic pictures.

Ray

Haha! Awesome. As I was reading through your post I kept thinking to myself, "This sounds an awful lot like Roadside Chicken". I was even going to go back later and look at the recipe to see what you had changed...then you sprung it on us. I've said it before, "you're a trip"!

As usual, awesome looking meal, Jim!

BTW, we had that same bottle of wine with our Father's Day tri-tips. All three fathers (myself included) at the table thought it was great. I think ours was a 2008, though. Also, had to google "Stelvin Closure"...you taught me something today.
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
Haha! Awesome. As I was reading through your post I kept thinking to myself, "This sounds an awful lot like Roadside Chicken". I was even going to go back later and look at the recipe to see what you had changed...then you sprung it on us. I've said it before, "you're a trip"!

As usual, awesome looking meal, Jim!

BTW, we had that same bottle of wine with our Father's Day tri-tips. All three fathers (myself included) at the table thought it was great. I think ours was a 2008, though. Also, had to google "Stelvin Closure"...you taught me something today.
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Don, we've been looking for tri-tips, but, obviously in the wrong place. What is your source if you don't mind my asking..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cliff Parham:
Don, we've been looking for tri-tips, but, obviously in the wrong place. What is your source if you don't mind my asking.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right around the corner from you...Tom Leonard's. Best meat in town, IMO.

Funny Jim, this is my wife's favoUrite chicken as well.
I unfortunately cremated my first attempt at Roadside chicken, but the second was prepared as the recipe suggests and then cooked on a beercan, following the mopping directions using my WSM.
Skin the coloUr of mahogany, and some kinda moist.

Back