Help with a red head 1000????

Sorry......my wife is chatting in my right ear and I cant read your replies correctly.......so yes Joe that was my ad.......and holy crap your grill is tight!!! U gotta shine up your wheel though :) .........

Stand by Joe.......I have a customer that might want grill.......let me toss it at them and see what they say.

I just got that set on amazon, the burners are fine, although the crossover tube could be a little longer, but it only came with the 5 long Flavorizer bars, not the full 13. Double checked which one I bought and they shorted me darn it!

Joe.......my guy wants to buy your grill.....how badly do u wanna sell it.......I am in northern va........2 hours away........let me know

Joe.......my guy wants to buy your grill.....how badly do u wanna sell it.......I am in northern va........2 hours away........let me know
I would like to sell it, but delivering it 2 hours each way (on a fairly good day) on 95 is not for me. I rather reduce the price. If your guy wants to pick up that would be fine.

The colored grills sell better. There are very few around here. In 2.5 years I have come across a handful of maroons, a couple of greens, and 1 blue. The blue sold in a heart beat, and I probably sold it too cheap. I have never had a red one. They seem to be all black, and most of those have moderate to bad fade.

For some reason, get a ton of green heads. Especially last year and this year. Probably more than black. Reds have been tough to come by lately and Blue always have been. I am not even sure what the color is on my current rehab. I think it is called Mica Black, but it far from "black". It is more of a dark gray. It isn't selling either. I put it up thursday afternoon and not even a nibble yet. I don't think I ever had a standard Silver B or 1000 last over a week. But, if this one gets past this weekend, I might not be able to say that any more. C'mon ladies, Fathers Day is right around the corner.

Bruce.......I would love to see one of your live ads....if u dont mine send me a link of this one you are talking about. I like the grey hoods....I think they have a rich look.....especially with a red kettle.

Ok Joe.......my guy got all excited but he too wasnt up for the drive.......Personally I dont mine driving for something fun.......I am building an open cart Silver B for him but it wont look as nice as yours by the time I am done.

I agree any color sells quickly....we should all remember to price them accordingly. I have 2 reds and a blue in stock right now.....oh and a Espresso! The potential buyer stopped by for the Frankengrill today and those brand new 13 bars shining in the sun w brand new ss grates.....and a polished under hood.....with a dazzling red hood was just too much to handle :) We discussed how he wanted me to finish the grill....and committed to buying it. So all in all it was a decent grill day.......here are some pics w my signature move.....20210605_114959.jpg20210605_134648.jpg

Wait a minute!!!!! The actual true 1000 or so I thought.....the old gal next to my resto has a handle that says Silver on it as well!!!!!!! So is a 1000 a Silver or not??? Dont tell me I have 2 Frankengrills!!!

One on the left is a 1000. Someone just dropped a Silver B lid and handle on it. Or maybe just the handle.

HOLY MOSES BRUCE!!!!!!! You are at another level my man.........I enjoy lookin at your work....it keeps me humble :) It is my duty as a member of the VWBB to bust you for doing a full resto but then re using the old speed nuts on the inside of the end caps........other than that you are my current hero! :)

As for my 2 red grills how is that any different from the one on the right? It just depends on what frame it is in I guess? Both have deep cook boxes.......both have Silver lids or handles......very whacky stuff going on.

Jim, not sure what is going on. I didn't really look at the cook boxes but they do both look like deep boxes. The one on the right should have a shallow box in it. I am pretty sure that is a silver B frame. Does the control panel on the right grill fit correctly?

Jim, not sure what is going on. I didn't really look at the cook boxes but they do both look like deep boxes. The one on the right should have a shallow box in it. I am pretty sure that is a silver B frame. Does the control panel on the right grill fit correctly?
Driving now... I guess the thing that sells me about the left one is the correct tables.

Here it is:

That is nice. I reworked the photos for my ad as suggested. Now that I have seen Bruce's ad I may borrow some of his verbiage also.

Back