Help -- stubbs?

RichPB (richlife)

TVWBB Wizard
OK, I've been away, but I still keep checking my two local Lowe's for Stubbs briquets and they are gone. A search of the website nets only sauce.

Anyone know what happened?

Rich

They were down to just a few bags stacked on a pallet with other charcoal at the one near me just a few days back. They usually had a small pallet going. Maybe they are dropping it?

A quick check of the Stubbs site shows Lowes and Walmart carrying it but may not be updated???

Last edited:
I picked up two bags the other day at Lowes and am burning it right now. They had a couple pallets on hand.

Last edited:
Tell ya what, guys. That Stubb's is expensive, and it's not 100% consistent, either. I've used it for MANY cooks in my 18" and it's pretty good stuff, but for my $$, I'd rather buy good lump or K Comp from Costco.

Interesting, Dave. What I've gotten has always been consistent. I try to wait for their summer half price sale and stock up. Last summer tough, the sale was $5.99.

All the Lowes in this part of NC show "0" stock online. Rather than The current $8.99 list, i'll Buy from Trader Joes though it's a little farther to go. My two local Lowes depleted their Stubbs stock over the winter, have removed the price signs and are stocking Mesquite Lump by Cowboy instead -- as well as the usual Cowboy Lump. Not interested in either.

Rich

Rich this is prob as of no help but the lowes here in wilmington just got two full pallets in when the other ran out. Hopefully they want quit it here either.

It has always been feast or famine at my local Lowes when it comes to Stubbs. Need to buy it when they have it because there are long dry spells in between. Fortunately they are stocking it at our local Wal-Mart.

Lowe's here has it for $8.99 per 15 lb bag. They usually run a spring sale in May. May I suggest lump? Try it once and you may never go back.

Last edited:
I was told by my Lowe's manager that they will no longer be carrying it. So once the stock is gone, that's it.

While disappointing, I've seen a few references to people getting Stubb's at Walmart and was it you Tim that got the Stubb's lump at Costco?

Checked two Lowes today looking for parts for a house project and none had them. Both of them had pallets of Cowboy sitting in the place of the stubbs. I asked a floor person and they said Lowes wasn't carrying it anymore....They do carry the Stubbs sauces in a display in the main isle though so I wonder why they killed the charcoal.

Last edited:
Question regarding Stubbs. I was bit able to get the temps up higher than 400. I am newly returning to charcoal as I ditched the gas. Could it be I am not leaving them in the chimney long enough or not enough charcoal? I know I used plenty as I still have a good amount left. I used a 3/4 full chimney. Should I let them all ash over before dumping into the baskets?

Thanks in advance

Back