HELLO ... From Waukesha wi.

Jesse

What's going on, I'm Jesse from Waukesha!

I like riding motorcycles and grilling.
I've been cooking 90% of my meals on my weber grill for years and years. But that kinda sucked because it goes too fast I ended up burning things because I wasn't ready to be done cooking! I cook everything outside Mac n cheese- pizza what ever it is it's going on the grill!
I was introduced to slow smoking meat 3 years ago and have 5 different styles of smokers , I started with a small brinkmann (smoke n grill) I couldn't fit enough meat on it, I moved onto an ECB (el' cheapo brinkmen) there was plenty of space but it was really hard to maintain temp and burned through coal like crazy. I moved onto a gas smoker with plenary of space (24 inch smoke vault) this worked quite well but with 4-6 shoulders in it the fat was running out all over the place and making an Awful mess, and I was having grease fires. I then bought a 22.5 wsm and I have to say, I should have done it in the first place!! I love it I use it 2-3 times a week and I even bought a second one, I would really like to start competing, so I signed up for poor que in montello wis, has anyone heard of it?

Jesse, welcome to the 'set it n forget it' side of bbq. :)
Poor Que looks like a great event at a neat site.
Wishing you the Very Best!

Bob

Welcome to the forum Jesse!
I believe there are a few members here that do the Montello Poor Que...
sure Clark "Harbormaster" does and Dan from Rapids is there... and the Smokin' Croatians...
oh, and Chris from Baraboo Q too :)

Good to see more from the area sign in... Hope your stay with us is most enjoyable! :wsm:

Back