Hello from KC, MO

Travis Maddox

Hello i'm Travis age 31, with a wife and 2 kids (4 and 1). I've grown up in KC my whole life so I've been around good BBQ since birth.

Bought a 22.5" WSM 2 years ago and have used it a ton, and have had a 22.5" Kettle Grill for almost 8. Probably getting close to getting a new grill though, my current one is pretty beat up from weather/tailgating to where I can barely close the lid. Debating on getting the one with the table attached since I never seem to have places to put things and maybe i'll have an excuse to not have to bring it with me everywhere. I have all the tools/gadgets/worthless junk you could buy (Maverick 2-Probe, Rib Rack, Wood Chip Soaker, on and on).

Participated in WSM Smoke Day (a day late due to rain) and did some spare-ribs. One of the racks had a membrane that was not wanting to cooperate so I just left it on vs. throwing it across my backyard in anger. I always seem to have that problem more when i'm using ribs from my deep freezer vs. fresh from the butcher.

Have always enjoyed the site however decided to hop on and join in the community! See you around.

Travis - I for one am looking forward to learning more from you just as you are looking forward to learning more from this excellent site that Chris A. has started! Welcome to "The Greatest Smoke On Earth"!

Welcome to the group Travis. My last couple rib cooks I just left the membrane on and hardly noticed it.

Back