Hello from Kansas City, MO.

Mike Bondon

I've been lurking the forum for a while but finally joined yesterday. As of now I have an older Weber kettle that belonged to my Grandfather and, after the tank was empty on my gas grill, I've found a renewed interest in the Weber. I ordered a set of replacement wooden handles yesterday, bought a cover and now looking for a part on the inside. Super forum you have here and now I kick myself for letting the Weber just sit for so many years. Really makes me think of all the time I spent with Grandpa as he grilled burgers, steaks, etc. Now if I could just find an old orange Weber smoker like he had.....

Weber made an Orange smoker:confused:
hmmmm....
Where you getting wood handles from Mike?

Oh yeah, welcome to the shindig:D

Weber made an Orange smoker:confused:
hmmmm....
Where you getting wood handles from Mike?

Oh yeah, welcome to the shindig:D

http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-handles/ Handles from this guy. And the orange weber smoker my Grandfather had in the late 70's -early 80's. I remember him smoking ribs on it all the time. I believe it was three sections stacked on top of each other, similar to the newer ones. About ten years ago I gave it to my old boss thinking I would never use it. After trying to get it back from him I learned he lost his house and just left it there.:mad: I've searched forums and Google and have yet to come across another one. Maybe it wasn't a Weber? I swear it had Weber on the handles though.

Bought the replacement kit and it works perfectly. Ended up taking the grill apart and cleaning everything while I was at it. I even bought some brats and Italian sausage to grill before the game. Thanks again guys. Now if I can just figure out this orange smoker mystery. ....

Back