Hello from Germany

Jan M.

TVWBB Fan
Hello everyone,

as shown in the title I am from Germany.
At first I used the Weber 57 from my father which he bought in the US-barracks in Nuernberg 1984.
After 20 years this Weber was stolen and I decided to buy me my own one. This was the beginning of my BBQ bond.

I have a WSM 57 for a few weeks and now I am looking for recipes and other interesting things about BBQ.
I am a fan of Ribs, Pulled Pork and Burgers.

At the moment I am searching for a new "Go anywhere" but this grill is not available in Germany (in stores). Now I follow some ebay offers and hopefully I will get one soon.

So I hope my english is good enough to understand. :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

as the shown in the title I am from Germany.
At first I used the Weber 57 from my father which he bought in the US-barracks in Nuernberg 1984.
After 20 years this Weber was stolen and I decided to buy me my own one. This was the beginning of my BBQ bond.

Since a few weeks I have a WSM 57 and now I am looking for recipes and other interesting things about BBQ.
I am a fan of Ribs, Pulled Pork and Burgers.

At the moment I am searching for a new "Go anywhere" but this grill is not available in Germany (in stores). Now I follow some ebay offers and hopefully I will get one soon.

So I hope my english is good enough to understand. :)

Hi Jan!

I am originally from Canada but now live in Germany (Erding) I have been here for the last 9 years an love it here. I am a huge Weber fan, and have also done the odd ribs and burgers on my Performer. Great stuff here on this forum I can tell you that! Pfiad di! :)

Welcome aboard!

Jan M;
Welcome to the forum. I have considerably increased my knowledge of BBQ since I joined the forum. This is THE place to learn. My BBQ skill level is MUCH higher as a result of the help available here.

I have been to Bavaria four times (my son and daughter-in-law were stationed in Bavaria with the US Army for five years. They LOVED Germany and my wife and I did, also. Our greatest pleasure was in visiting with German families (I even did a grilled meal for my son's landload and his extended family - they ALL came back for seconds!).

Your English is just fine! We visited Nuerenburg and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Lots of history, there (and all over Germany).

Good cookin':wsm:

Dale53

Welcome Jan. I love Germany and Bavaria is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Neuremburg is also a beautiful city.

Enjoy the forum.

Ray

Willkommen in der Weber-Foren, Januar Wir sind froh, Sie haben.

By the way, there is a great translator on Google will type the other language what you put in English. My German is terrible even though I am 50 percent German. Family has been in the US for 5 generations.

Back