Hello from Gering Ne

R Greene

I'm Robert, Ive been a lurker ever since I discovered the Mini WSM. So I had to build one. I'm a tinkerer and love finding cool projects to work on. I love to cook and love BBQ but never done any low and sow cooking. Mostly grilling with propane. So this is new and exciting for me. I'm looking forward to getting into some of the discussions and if I find anything that will help others out I'll gladly pass it along.

...never done any low and sow cooking. Mostly grilling with propane.
well Robert, you can move that oven BACK into the kitchen, your propane days are near the end.
Your mini will kick it in the gas!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site. You'll love doing your own BBQ and we have lots of great discussions around here.

Yeah I'm not touching propane again. this thing is so easy to start up. Even with gas you have to let it get up to temp. And for a single guy this Smokey Joe, grill/smoker is perfect for me. So far Ive only used it 3 times. Once to grill some burgers, then I smoked a pork butt for a get together. I smoked it for 6-1/2 hours but had to take it off early because people were getting hangry. (hungry+angry) it wasn't fall off the bone but it was awesome and everyone raved about it. And just this weekend I smoked some tilapia filets. I'm very happy with this cooker and I see myself using it a lot more. The pork butt I rubbed with Famous Dave's rib rub and yellow mustard then smoked with hickory. The tilapia was just olive oil, lemon pepper and cherry wood smoke. Using Royal oak lump charcoal.

Back