Hello from Erding, Germany

Andrew16

TVWBB Member
Hello all,

I stumbled across this forum while looking for help on how to grill the perfect pizza on my weber pizza stone. I am originally from Canada, and have lived now in Germany for the last 9 years. I am living out on the country side close to Munich. I decided to buy myself a Performer with gas start to give me that BBQ feeling of back home, and I love that thing!!

I have already started to search around on this forum for some solutions to grilling a perfect pizza on my stone, and by the looks of it, this forum will provide some great help for future projects!

Happy to be a part of it!

Welcome aboard. Though I didn't go to Erding in the six years I was stationed in Europe, I did drink Erdinger's wheat beer. Lucky you to live local. I look forward to your cooks.

Welcome Andrew! I also just recently purchased a Gas Assist and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. I also picked up a 22.5" WSM a couple weeks later. You'll probably catch the bug also :) looking forward to your posts.

Welcome Andrew! I also just recently purchased a Gas Assist and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. I also picked up a 22.5" WSM a couple weeks later. You'll probably catch the bug also :) looking forward to your posts.

I think the name says it all (Performer) the gas start works like a charm! I think my next purchase will be a WSM.. Let me know how you make out with yours! :)

welcome Andrew, I know a little about that part of Germany, one of the most beautiful areas in the world.

It sure is! Bavaria is a beautiful part of this country. Reading you name, it looks like you have some German roots in you as well? (Schultz)

Welcome aboard. Though I didn't go to Erding in the six years I was stationed in Europe, I did drink Erdinger's wheat beer. Lucky you to live local. I look forward to your cooks.

That sure is a great beer!! I am sure you can get in Hunstville somewhere. Whenever i go back home to Canada, my first stop is the local beer store to pick some of it up! A little bit pricey back home, but well worth it! :)

Beautiful area there. I have been there many times and my favorite meal is still "schweinshaxe" with a good Deutsch beer. And my last name is also German. I use a shortened name here.
Ray Crickenberger

Back