Hello from California

Hi fellow smokers,
I just recently purchased a wsm 18.5 after using various other grills & smokers. I'm looking forward to sharing techniques & ideas with all of you. I want to work my way into competition bbq soon. If anyone here has some advice or suggestions of local competitions, I welcome it all.

Happy grilling!

Welcome to the forum Charles. You can learn a lot here as everyone is very friendly and like helping others. Don't forget, we like pics here. There are quite a few here that compete as well as quite a few who are judges at comps and can give you great advice. Good Luck and congrats on that WSM.

Welcome Charles! Look up Harry Soo and see if you can get into one of his classes. He works wonders with his WSM's.

That advice from Bob H. is spot on. I have taken Harry's class and you learn a lot in 6 hours. And to make it even better, Harry will then answer any questions you may have. His web address is http://www.slapyodaddy.com Many here have taken his class and all will tell you how good it is and how much you will learn. Good Luck.

You don't mention what part of Calif. you are in but Harry gives the classes in his home in Diamond Bar and also up in the bay area.

Last edited:
Welcome Charles and congrats on the 18.5 your going to love it. We have lots of great cooks and info so just ask away on any question. Looking forward to seeking some cooks soon.

Back