Hello from Australia!

Kate Atkinson

Hello

Thanks so much for letting me join your forum!

I’m based in Australia where BBQs are part of the culture and my lovely 2001 Genesis Gold C has been an amazing asset over the past 20 + years.

No shrimps on the barbie but I’ve baked all the kids birthday and Christmas cakes on it and in the photo you will see the original recipe books! The red one specifically covers “Australian Cooking” so not sure how that would differ from say American cooking with a Weber????!!!

As it gets used a lot we decided it would be cheaper to have it plumbed into our main LPG tank rather than use the small swap “n” go bottles. Weber Australia have been great with after sales service too.

This year I decided to give it some TLC and have given it a good clean up and I’m super happy - the cabinet is better but is not perfect, the frame has been polished with car T-cut paint restorer, the grills are now spotless! I didn’t find this forum until after I finished LOL.
Only issue is when on the low setting it tends to run hot - Our regulator is OK because we also cook with gas in the kitchen and there aren’t any spiders lurking in the gas burner bars!

Now looking for a decent cover which fits - I’ve posted separately asking about this!

Glad I’ve found such a forum and always happy to input if I can!

Thanks

Kate

Attachments

• 561E9D08-D197-4412-8584-EFBA6116D38C.jpeg
    561E9D08-D197-4412-8584-EFBA6116D38C.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 314CA903-3AD2-43CE-9D6B-F3B20C32B4EA.jpeg
    314CA903-3AD2-43CE-9D6B-F3B20C32B4EA.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 31
Welcome Kate. You found a spot with a lot of great folks who'll offer up help on all things grill and grilling. BTW, your grill looks great for 20 years old! Look forward to seeing a few pics of your cooks.

There a few Aussies and Kiwis that are members here, always fun to hear from new folks! Welcome aboard Kate!
What are some of the offerings in the “Australian cookbook”?

Hello

Thanks so much for letting me join your forum!

I’m based in Australia where BBQs are part of the culture and my lovely 2001 Genesis Gold C has been an amazing asset over the past 20 + years.

No shrimps on the barbie but I’ve baked all the kids birthday and Christmas cakes on it and in the photo you will see the original recipe books! The red one specifically covers “Australian Cooking” so not sure how that would differ from say American cooking with a Weber????!!!

As it gets used a lot we decided it would be cheaper to have it plumbed into our main LPG tank rather than use the small swap “n” go bottles. Weber Australia have been great with after sales service too.

This year I decided to give it some TLC and have given it a good clean up and I’m super happy - the cabinet is better but is not perfect, the frame has been polished with car T-cut paint restorer, the grills are now spotless! I didn’t find this forum until after I finished LOL.
Only issue is when on the low setting it tends to run hot - Our regulator is OK because we also cook with gas in the kitchen and there aren’t any spiders lurking in the gas burner bars!

Now looking for a decent cover which fits - I’ve posted separately asking about this!

Glad I’ve found such a forum and always happy to input if I can!

Thanks

Kate
Welcome Kate! I hope you find it here at TVWBB.

Welcome Kate,

Are you sure there are no shrimps on the barbie?

I've read they jump out of the ocean onto a hot grill. Tell me it is true :D

Welcome Kate,

Are you sure there are no shrimps on the barbie?

I've read they jump out of the ocean onto a hot grill. Tell me it is true :D
Ha! Think that's maybe a bit of a stretch! We'd only have them for special occasions as they are quite pricey !

WELCOME KATE!!!!!

How did I miss your post! You will love it here, Glad to have another woman on board.

Have any recipes to share?

Back