Hello from Arkansas

Jimmy Le

Good Morning,

Similar story like the rest of the introductions. Been lurking here for some time now lusting over the Weber Performer and OTG mods. After 8 good years, my Chargriller finally decided to throw in the towel. Replacing the charcoal grates, sanding and repainting can only go so far so I decided to treat myself to a Weber charcoal grill.

I've been debating between the Performer, the 22in OTG with possibility of a custom cart or table and recently, the 26.75in. After 3 months of checking out forums for ideas I decided to go with the 26.75in kettle. I would have loved to have the performer but coming from the Chargriller I was missing the cooking capacity if I went with the 22in kettle. So far, I've smoked 3 racks of ribs on 2 different occassions, ABT's, steaks and pork loin and this grill exceeded my expectations. Temperature was alot easier to control on the Weber vs the Chargriller and was not used to the fact that I can closed the vents and still have leftover coals the next day.

Overall, very happy with my purchase and look forward to more ideas and tips from the forum.

Jimmy "RumpRoast" Le

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Glad to see some neighbors on this site. I posted a mod in a different section of the forum that I did to the 26, got some ideas from this site and pieced together a sturdier base. Here you go

Back