New 26.75in owner, first mod down

Jimmy Le

New guy here. Just wanted to swing by and say hello to the community and post some pics of my first mod to the 26.75. I couldn't stand the legs being so weak on such a big grill so I set out to find a better solution. I brought home the new grill, put it together and immediately noticed how flimsy the legs were. I thought the display model was just beaten up from people tugging and pulling but out the box my grill was wobbly as the display at Home Depot. As I was hauling away my old grills I had an idea of ripping out the guts on my 13yr old Charbroil Big Easy grill and using the legs and table for the base of the new grill. I've been using the gas grill to only light my chimney for the last 4+ years lol.

Sorry for the mess in the pics. I had this idea and immediately started in the garage while it was snowing and sleeting outside for the past 2 days.

Old gasser

Sanded, high temp paint and black to black plastic restorer

Done

I got Kingsford, Kingsford Comp, lump, and apple wood chunks in the blue bin and inside the bin is a smaller bin for the Weber paraffin cubes, my instant read thermometer, matches and other means to start a fire.

We'll see how hot it gets before I decide if the cooler stays there while cooking

Cheers!

Really happy with the setup so far. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Last edited:
Jimmy Le;

WOW!! That is a brilliant conversion! That's about as good as it gets!! That is REALLY a practical and useful addition to your arsenal of cookware!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Thanks Gary. To be honest, my quest for a sturdier solution lead me to one of your thread regarding your setup. Your setup looks top notch, big inspiration and motivation to do something with my 26incher.

Thanks Gary. To be honest, my quest for a sturdier solution lead me to one of your thread regarding your setup. Your setup looks top notch, big inspiration and motivation to do something with my 26incher.

Glad it helped you. I like what you have done. You will never regret owning a 26 that's for sure. It's a really great smoker too Jimmy. The big advantage for me is the ability to cook indirect and not need a diffuser.

Don't forget the front handle. :)

Last edited:
First of all....Welcome o the forum! About the 26.75 it is simply great! Tons of square inches to use and you will able to use like a smoker as well as for indirect or grilling. Just using snake Minion method.

Back