Hello Everyone

Gary Morris

Hiya everyone, I'm Gary from the UK, thanks for having me.
I purchased a WSM 18½" about two months ago, it's by far the best BBQ / Smoker I've ever owned and I'm real proud of it. So far I've smoked a fattie, a couple of chickens and some turkey joints. I don't get to use it as much as I'd like to, due to neighbours, but I enjoy it when I can and plan to do a whole lot more. I'd like to learn more about bacon and sausage plus everything else too.

Gary

Welcome to the forum Gary. Do the neighbours complain when you cook? If so you have 3 options.

1. Next time you cook offer them some BBQ and they will be bugging you to cook more after that.
2. Move
3. This option involves lots of bad words and gestures directed at the neighbour which we aren't allowed to post on TVWBB and may also lead to police involvement so I wouldn't personally recommend it.

Hi Bob, and thanks for the suggestions, I'm trying No1 at the moment, it seems to be working... slowly. It hasn't helped that we've got some very high temperatures over here at the moment and everyones windows are open 24/7 - I'm not complaining about the weather, well OK maybe just a little. I'm going to do another 'fattie' in a day or two, I'll post some pics.

Gary

Welcome to the forums Gary! You're gonna love it here! What is the problem with the neighbors - are they jealous from the great smelling bbq coming from your place?!? If that's the case, follow Bob Sample's option #1, and the neighbors will no longer be an issue! Have fun!

Hi guys and thanks. Mike, funny you should say that, they had no sooner complained about the smoke, when they said the smell made them feel hungry! I gave them a try of the turkey I had BBQ'd, they liked it! I'm cold smoking some bacon (my first attempt) I'll give them some and hopefully win them over.

Gary

Hi guys and thanks. Mike, funny you should say that, they had no sooner complained about the smoke, when they said the smell made them feel hungry! I gave them a try of the turkey I had BBQ'd, they liked it! I'm cold smoking some bacon (my first attempt) I'll give them some and hopefully win them over.

Gary
Lets see those bacon pics Gary. Sounds great and glad they like!

Welcome aboard Gary.

Now I will start complaining, I can't smell it all the way over on this SIDE OF THE POND!
smiley-face-journey_zps74c1b138.jpg

Welcome Gary, when you said neighbor complained,I was thinking it was the pork, I had read about a restaurant being harassed for cooking bacon in the UK

Back