HeaterMeter on the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Have you received it yet?

There are a few websites are showing B's and sending B+.

I had that happen to me when i ordered 2 B's from Tristate Camera. Luckily i used paypal, and they refunded my money. Tri wanted me to pay for return shipping for their deception. I never returned them and they never tried to get them. Still have them, lol.

I ordered on Monday the 16th. The email says it will ship by Saturday, 3 to 5 days. The website states they process all orders on Saturday. I will keep you guys updated as to which Pi I get in the mail next week.

I just received my brand new Raspberry Pi model B. Total cost to my door was $28.90. I just double checked the link and the Model B is still on sale.

I ordered 3 (two for gifts, one for fun!) when I saw this link last week, but haven't received them yet. Glad to hear it's really the model B. Thanks for the tip, Kurtis!

I just got a Pi2 for RasPlex & it absolutely blows the B+ away for that. Menu nav is smoooth, no pauses on my 900+ movie library.
Goodbye BoxeeBoxes.

%^$@@# I have 92 of these on my dining room table I paid $34 for. How were they so scarce before the Pi 2B came out, but now that it is out, everyone has tons of them for cheap!?

IDK, it seemed like the writing was on the wall that B+ was gonna just take over, even though they said the B would stick around the price and supply did not reflect that initially. Either there was a warehouse full of them somewhere or there's been another production run? It would be interesting to compare the the screen printing on boards to see if there is any sort of production code that can tell us if these are from an old batch or new...

If it were me, I'd kick up the price of the HM kits by $10 on the store and then offer the raspi as a $25 add-on. :D

Also, the $25 sparkfun units wont have free shipping unless your whole order is above $75

Did it take a while to get your raspberry pi B from Flirc? I ordered mine on May 14, and have yet to receive it. I emailed them about a status update twice, but havent heard anything...

Just wondering if I should order one from another place (I'm tired of waiting since my heatermeater is all built)

%^$@@# I have 92 of these on my dining room table I paid $34 for. How were they so scarce before the Pi 2B came out, but now that it is out, everyone has tons of them for cheap!?

I've never bought a model B for less then $34 Bryan. I can't find them anyway here in Loststralia. I DO however, have, for some silly reason, 200 4-way switches (official 4.2.4 switches) I bought on a whim when Mouser was phasing them out at $0.32 a pop.

Last edited:
For future reference if anyone orders from them, I ordered on May 14th, received a shipping notification the evening of May 25th, and it will be delivered today, May 27th.

The second rPi I ordered from Amazon after loosing hope will also be here today. Guess I should make a second HeaterMeter...

Back