Hatch Chiles

Looks Good !

Thankfully, it's that time of the year....
First third of our order, different farm, arrives tomorrow. 30 pounds of fresh. We do our own roasting on the kettle using a Cajun Bandit rotisserie. Will probably use hickory this time around.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this years crop as our freezer's supply is nearly gone.
This year, like the last couple, we ordered from the Hatch Chili Store ( hatch-green-chili dot com )
They say they're shipping, but have not heard a peep when ours will arrive....
( Same thing happened last year... )

I'm glad I saw this. I need to check in with my neighborhood grocery store; they usually have them in bulk. I went through my freezer stock fairly quickly this last year, so I'm planning on a giant bag of them this year.

There is *almost* nothing better than the smell of freshly roasted chilis in the backyard, and in the kitchen as I vacuum pack them for the freezer.

This thread has almost convinced me to buy five pounds of these chiles and roast them on the open fire. No idea what I would do with five pounds of these things but they just sound so intriguing 🤔

They’re very tasty with varying degrees of heat. I like the “Big Jim” (medium) and Sandia (hot). There’s milder and hotter as well.
There’s lots or websites dedicated to Hatch Chile recipes.

Heads up for you guys in NW Jersey, 2022 Shop Rite dates for roasting festivals! I’ll be going to the Flemington location!

EDCA4606-AF21-4115-A4A9-4BDD7E047705.png
42CB732C-6A47-4E45-A079-CF61616EDC49.png

Back