Has anyone used the Cuisinart Grill Prep Trays?

MarkM

TVWBB Member
Curious if anyone has any hands on experience with these prep trays. I love the idea of the nesting so the clean tray is on the bottom. My grill is pretty far from my kitchen and I always walk all the way back to wash the meat tray.

Cuisinart CPK-200 Grilling Prep and Serve Trays CPK-200 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081JVXDJJ/?tag=tvwb-20

Never tried them but I get a lot of steps in when I BBQ. I think it is just part of the process and there is not much that can change it. I bring the food, utensils, thermometers, seasoning, marinades, rotisserie, etc. out. Then like you bring back tray or plate from raw food and get clean one. Then bring everything back in.

I use the aluminum or stainless baking trays, great for prep, carrying multiple items out on, cooking on, using for drip pans, and serving on too. I get the ones with the metal racks in them. Hope this helps.

Charlie

My wife's favorite saying about me it "Give a difficult task to a lazy man and he'll find an easy way to do it." I have always hated clean-up from prep work. It's time consuming and tiring, especially if you're cooking, too. Back in the day, when I competed, I learned how to make this process a whole lot faster, so I could concentrate on cooking and presentation and not to too exhausted at the end of the competition to still clean-up and break down the cooking setup.

Then, and now, I use paper disposable cutting boards, inside a foil lined baking tray like Charlie Lewis above uses. After each prep, I just throw the disposable board(s) away. You can get them at Amazon or Big Poppa's.

I bought a near lifetime supply at a BBQ competition when I was a KCBS Rep. at a fantastic price from one of the competitors who also sold BBQ supplies. Now, I don't even think about the cleanup part of prep. BTW, I use these for cutting boards, too.

My wife's favorite saying about me it "Give a difficult task to a lazy man and he'll find an easy way to do it." I have always hated clean-up from prep work. It's time consuming and tiring, especially if you're cooking, too. Back in the day, when I competed, I learned how to make this process a whole lot faster, so I could concentrate on cooking and presentation and not to too exhausted at the end of the competition to still clean-up and break down the cooking setup.

Then, and now, I use paper disposable cutting boards, inside a foil lined baking tray like Charlie Lewis above uses. After each prep, I just throw the disposable board(s) away. You can get them at Amazon or Big Poppa's.

I bought a near lifetime supply at a BBQ competition when I was a KCBS Rep. at a fantastic price from one of the competitors who also sold BBQ supplies. Now, I don't even think about the cleanup part of prep. BTW, I use these for cutting boards, too.
Did not even know this stuff existed. Did you mean Plastic not Paper? Can't find any made of paper from that link.

My wife's favorite saying about me it "Give a difficult task to a lazy man and he'll find an easy way to do it."
That's how I got hired in 2006... "What would make you a good employee?" "I'm a lazy man, I don't want to work hard. If I do my job right, I can sit in my cube, drink coffee and fix the occasional problem before anybody knows it exists."

I have a pile of half, quarter and eighth sheet pans. Very useful for a lot of different kitchen purposes. Buy from a good restaurant supply, heavy gauge with a wire embedded in the rim, and cheap.

That's how I got hired in 2006... "What would make you a good employee?" "I'm a lazy man, I don't want to work hard. If I do my job right, I can sit in my cube, drink coffee and fix the occasional problem before anybody knows it exists."

I have a pile of half, quarter and eighth sheet pans. Very useful for a lot of different kitchen purposes. Buy from a good restaurant supply, heavy gauge with a wire embedded in the rim, and cheap.
I feel the same way, “If I think this through,I can do it without breaking a sweat while holding a beer!”
Where I see the convenience of the disposable roll of cutting mats, I cannot see the up side when compared to the environmental impact that stuff will make. Plastic has plenty of excellent uses, I don’t think this is one I could get behind.
I’ve got a stack of sheet pans as well and use them for pretty much everything!
That said, one of the things I (almost always) do is when I start getting my mis en place together, I fill the sink with fresh hot dishwater, I have a very small kitchen and need to be able to prep, clean, prep, cook, clean, plate, serve and then tear down and start over with fresh “dinner service” cleaning. Since I’ve been working like this my whole cooking life, I can prep, cook, serve, and clean up the kitchen all by myself and not have to tell someone what I want done, I’m also lucky in having a daughter in law who works in school food service that has full knowledge of smarter procedure than many of my guests. She and I have learned how to “dance” in the tiny kitchen and not crash into each other every two steps!
Work smarter, not harder is something an old friend told me years ago and it stuck. Just like things my home ec teacher taught me 40+ years ago.
Sorry, this got a little long winded but, think through what has to happen and when in sequence they all fall and the job becomes much easier.

Did not even know this stuff existed. Did you mean Plastic not Paper? Can't find any made of paper from that link.
Hey Joe, they are the 18x24 paper cardboard ones by Cut and Toss with the cardboard box picture for $32.95. I don’t use the plastic ones for environmental reasons and you can tear up the paper cardboard ones into smaller pieces for easier disposal..

Last edited:
Hey Joe, they are the 18x24 paper cardboard ones by Cut and Toss with the cardboard box picture for $32.95. I don’t use the plastic ones for environmental reasons and you can tear up the paper cardboard ones into smaller pieces for easier disposal..
Looks much better than the plastic ones. I can see how these would be good for camping or picnics. However, I am probably too "lets say thrifty" to use them on a regular basis.

Back