Has anyone used BOTH the Weber Pizza Oven and the KettlePizza?

Bob Ivey

TVWBB Emerald Member
We have seen many posts about both of these pizza cookers but no one has mentioned a head to head review. Has anyone used both of them and if so, how do they stack up against each other. It seems like the Weber unit is less expensive since you don't need to add options, but the KettlePizza is maid in the USA and can be customized to individual preference.

I for one am just not sure which way to go. it would be great if someone had tried both and could post their impressions so we can all benefit. I think I am leaning towards the Weber Pizza Oven from overseas but????

Just to further muddy the waters, there is a third option PizzaQue PC7001 Pizza Kit For Kettle Grill W/15" Pizza Stone & Charcoal Fence" http://www.homedepot.com/p/PizzaQue-Pizza-Kit-for-Kettle-Grills-PC7001/205581858

I've been eyeing this one for a while but there hasn't been too much talk on it until lately. I found a good review on another forum:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/w...ies/another-pizza-option/msg184579/#msg184579

I also see it is on Amazon currently for $79.99. I might have to finally pull the trigger on it.

Never used any but i've done my own DIY pizza set up and it does really well.

Cheapo pizza stone near front of kettle on a raised grate with charcoal mostly indirect in the rear of the bowl. A very small bit of charcoal under the stone to preheat but thats it.

B443C06B-FCFD-4BAE-BF95-E50F3517D3BD_zpscueyxeqq.jpg

Give the stone a long gradual preheat and you're good to go. Cheap fun DIY solution.

Last edited:
if you happen to have a cast iron dutch oven, they can make a great pizza without having to buy "more stuff". Just a thought......

if you happen to have a cast iron dutch oven, they can make a great pizza without having to buy "more stuff". Just a thought......

Kinda depends on style though. I think some of these are made to appeal more to those looking for a neapolitan style pizza, where ~800* temps are required and cook times are a minute or two... Dutch oven is much more suited to like a pan pizza.

Kinda depends on style though. I think some of these are made to appeal more to those looking for a neapolitan style pizza, where ~800* temps are required and cook times are a minute or two... Dutch oven is much more suited to like a pan pizza.

I've not done it myself, but have eaten pizza cooked on an inverted cast iron pan. It must have been at least 14-16" dia. The guy used a raised charcoal grate with a full load of neatly stacked briqs. It was quite good.

I need a bigger garage to store more "stuff"!
For what it's worth, I have used terra cotta floor tiles on my 22 with quite good results. They were leftover from my kitchen floor, cost was quite reasonable and its,not a "coal hog" either. I might revisit pizzas next time the grandchildren come over, they love making them. I think I might slide a stone on top of the tiles for better heat retention. A buddy of mine built a whole pizza oven at his cottage, seems like this would have been easier and a lot less costly. Who knows what drives the "tinkerer" in any of us

Back