Has Anyone on the Board Competed-with WSM and Won

My son Zack, Son of Smoke, is the 2013 CBBQA Rookie of the Year. He has 3 GC's, 3 RGC's and has 1st's in all 4 meats. His 2-22" took him to the Sam's Club Finals in 2014.
In 2016 he will be going to the American Royal as the youngest pro pitmaster to compete there.
We recently added an 18" this year which has helped with timing. The Stoker has kept all the temps right where he needs it.

My son Zack, Son of Smoke, is the 2013 CBBQA Rookie of the Year. He has 3 GC's, 3 RGC's and has 1st's in all 4 meats. His 2-22" took him to the Sam's Club Finals in 2014.
In 2016 he will be going to the American Royal as the youngest pro pitmaster to compete there.
We recently added an 18" this year which has helped with timing. The Stoker has kept all the temps right where he needs it.

The more I read and hear about your son the more impressed I've become. Congratulations on raising such a remarkable young man and on showing him a respectable hobby to enjoy in his free time.

I hope to meet you on the circuit sometime!

As of this writing, we've earned 29 Grand Championships, 27 Reserve Grand Championships, 5 trips to The Jack, 4 trips to the Sam's Club National Finals and more 1st Place and Top 5 category calls than I care to go count. All of these accomplishments have been achieved cooking on 18" and 22" WSMs.

The WSM is a fantastic piece of equipment!

Dang Vince!!! You guys are freaking amazing!!

It's been a pleasure watching Zack compete through the years. A long time ago, he and my daughter cooked hot dogs at a Kid's Que in Brentwood. My daughter came in last and converted to desserts and Zack, well, the rest is history. It will be fun to see him go to the AR. What is just as much fun is to see Derrick compete with his son by his side and then to watch Zack compete and grow. There isn't a prouder father on the circuit.

Thanks to everyone for their responses and to the OP for tee'ing it up. I recently took my 18" WSM to my Montana cabin to leave there for those summer trips. Ive been without a smoker for 2 weeks and Im dying over here without one. I was struggling with maybe giving a Kamado a go but there was a piece of me that just kept going back to the WSM (maybe the 22"). This thread solidified it for me. Buying it tomorrow!

I competed at the American Royal in Kansas City for a few years on WSM’s. No calls but had a ton of fun. May be in it again this year. Finished third in ribs and overall in a small local competition on 2019. Here are the ribs.
217D5DBF-4CC1-41BA-AB3C-033741627650.jpeg

Back