Harry Soo brisket recipe

Thanks Jeff. Interesting 'twist' on brisket.
Most certainly choice 'or better'... ;)

Bob

Last edited:
We live in a MSG-free zone due to family members getting sick from it. Nevertheless, that Harry can flat cook.

Well guess I have to go on another search for mysterious ingredients to try this one out. Thanks a lot Harry ;).

I am going to try it this weekend! Cannot wait. What BBQ type sauce (if any) do you make for it?

I suggest that after cooking, you defat the au jus at the bottom of your foil. Taste and add water to ensure it is not too salty. Add 1 or 2 drops of the Maggi seasoning. Cut your point and flat and dip into this au jus before serving. No sauce needed.

I suggest that after cooking, you defat the au jus at the bottom of your foil. Taste and add water to ensure it is not too salty. Add 1 or 2 drops of the Maggi seasoning. Cut your point and flat and dip into this au jus before serving. No sauce needed.

Harry, Thanks, I made it, and it was quite good. I just think I slightly overcooked it (or had too many layers of foil in rest) as it was not easily sliceable (more pulled) but the flavor was spot on. I will surely do this again. Not sure what else I am going to use that maggi seasoning for though.

Harry thanks for the recipe. I purchased my WSM after reading your review on Amazon earlier this summer and I've been smoking something every weekend. Again, thanks for the great tips.

For near MSG free delete the Maggi Seasoning. There are traces of natural occuring MSG in some of the other ingredients.
For iodine algery omit the fish.

Hopefully i can find all the ingredients for this. Ive never heard of beef paste. I have a 13 pound angus packer and plan on cooking sunday.

Couldnt find bonita flakes but after finding out what they were decided against using them anyway. Got a sale price on lump charcoal so im trying that for the first time.

Back