Happy New Year

Kyle; thanx for your input regarding the Weber Q and scanning the Craig List-Costa Rica Page over the last year or so I have not seen one(1) used Weber Q for sale. I plan on purchasing mine new from a Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealer.

Last edited:
I an also recommend the Q. It is a little power house. I only have a Q1200 for myself but sold a few refurbished Q2200. They are simple and effective. And since they are mainly made of aluminum and plastic there is not much on these grills which can rust. They should be perfect for humid environments.

This morning I passed-by a Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealer in which the new Weber Q 1200 price is $330 and the Weber Q 3200 price is $585. They had no Weber Q 2200,so, I plan on visiting a few more Weber Authorized Dealers here in Costa Rica. Looks like the Weber Q 3200 is the better deal as it comes with a Weber Cart. They also have a Weber Q 1400 Electric Model that cost $390. I will appreciate some comments from any of you that have grilled with this Weber Electric Grill.

Also, in BBQ'ing Low and Slow on the Weber 3200 around once-a-week and grilling some steaks or chops twice-a-week how many times will a Full 20Lb gas tank last?

Last edited:
Skip the electric Q unless you have some kind of restrictions on gas can coal. One big problem with them is that they take forever to heat up. I have two used ones and would sell you one for 1/4 that price if you were near me.

The Q3200 is great on gas mileage. Sounds like a perfect grill for you. Depending on how many you usually grill for, the Q2200 might be a good choice as well, but you would want to get a cart for that one too.

Bruce: Thanx for this information as I am really leaning back-and-forth on the Weber Q 1200 and 3200. My plan is to make the most prudent purchase within the next two(2) weeks.

I am also thinking about putting the Pit Barrel Cooker Junior into the mix for it's apparent ease-of-use for Low and Slow cooking but really do not need another charcoal driven unit similar to my "WSM 18" Classic"??

Last edited:
The 3200 is very frugal. Admittedly I do not use mine a lot but still the 20lb tank lasts for many months. I just changed mine out and IIRC it was on there for over a year
I used to own a Q140 (same as 1400). It worked after a fashion and if it were my only choice due to some type of draconian rules I would live with it.
It is a bit slow and takes some getting used to. They also leave way more soot and deposits inside the grill than it's gas counterpart. It was excellent for grilling vegetables BTW but meat not so much.
Bottom line they're quite slow, operate very filthy and are a royal beyutch to clean. Its also VERY small (just like the Q1xxx gas) too small to actually do a meal on IMO. Unless it's a meal for 1

Last edited:
You can cook small on a bigger unit but, can only get so much on a smaller one!
Just one observation... and maybe a reason for me to lobby for a Ranch!:rolleyes:

Just to update on my plan to purchase a Weber Q; well last Friday I purchased a Weber Performer Deluxe Charcoal Grill which has the electronic ignition charcoal lighter and a nice metal table top. It cost me $550.00 which included a assembled unit and delivery to my apartment this Wednesday at no additional cost. I plan to purchase the Weber Q 1200 or 2200 in the next month or two in which I will place it on the Weber Performer Metal Table when grilling. Also, there is no learning curve on using this new Weber Performer Grill as I have had a Weber Mastertouch Grill, Weber Smoky Joe and Weber OTG's for many, many years. Also, The wife and I really like the taste of meat using the charcoal method of Grilling.

Truthfully, I bought this unit in not having to use the Weber Chimney when feeling my 77 Years and having many GBS Accessories, i.e.; Searing grate, Korean Searing Grate, GBS Grill and Pizza Stone. To make room for this new Weber Grill on my small patio area the WSM 18"Classic" or Weber Mastertouch must go which will be a hard decision.

Another important factor on this recent purchase; My Wifey is in total agreement with this purchase and my future plan to purchase a small Weber Q for "empty Nesters".

Oh, Go 49'ers!!

Last edited:

Back