Happy Holidays to All and Thanks for a great year!

It's an Italian thing (and Catholic). Prior to Vatican II Catholics were prohibited from eating meat on Friday and certain "feast" days i.e. Christmas Eve as this was the "vigil" time. All European Catholics have some sort of no meat tradition on Christmas Eve. i.e. Lutefisk, Sardines, Bacala (salt cod), and many other things. After Vatican II many of us simply continued our "traditions".

OK, yah, I get that. I figured it was rooted in your Catholic faith. I just wondered if you traditionally did that same dish each year or if you maybe had some other seafood on occasion. I like the idea of traditions for events such as holidays.

Thirty years from now, they will sitting around eating Christmas Eve Dinner and talking about when "Dad" used to make his 7 Fish meal every year.

The fried calamari is just one of the 7 plus fishes we prepare. We make a linguine with walnuts, garlic, and anchovies, we make another with mussels, we have lobster, shrimp, bacala, sometimes salmon, and or sole, and a host of other things I cannot even list LOL which also includes eel (we call it capitone').
Most of us do not practice Catholic faith anymore. Moving on to other forms of faith but under it all whether we attend a Catholic church, or some other denomination i.e. my wife and I practice non denominational. We go to a rock concert and church breaks out LOL
For instance this was a photo I took inside one of our Christmas services a couple years ago. Let's just say we make a "joyful noise" :D
VANT6Yu.jpg

Hey, speaking of Rock Concerts, the wife and I are going to the STYX concert in Green Bay on the 29th. How's that for a blast from the past?

Yeah they're from Evanston IL. Although it will just be the band as Dennis DeYoung had a huge falling out and he performs only on his own. Not sure if copyrights will interfere with what they play. I have to admit I could never stand listening to him. The band sure (I like metal) but listening to his voice was like listening to fingernails on a blackboard to me.
I will never forget the look and expression on my kids faces when they found out I not only KNEW who Ozzie was but actually liked him LOL

Oh, I have always liked STYX. But Ozzie was classic 70's and 80's Rock and enjoy him and Black Sabath as well. I think he would do well off staying out of the public eye these days. I am not sure if it as an act, but he sure looks like his early hard and fast living has taken a toll on his mental faculties. IMO, the Osbornes show was a train wreck that was impossible for me to watch.

Got to jump in here and wish all of the wonderful forum members a very Merry Christmas and a safe and heathy coming new year from Barb and I.
Cooking, grilling has always been my passion, but I'm not what you would call a joiner of groups or forums. But I was amazed when I realized I had surpassed 12,000 posts and threads since I joined this forum recently and it's because of the friendly, intelligent, willing to share people on here and for that I thank you all. I have learned an amazing amount from all of you.

So you are thanking us for your new addiction??? Maybe this forum should incorporate a twelve step section. :eek:

Happy holidays and Happy New Year to everyone. We left Mass for Jay Peak, VT since there is not enough snow. Will ski for several days with the family.

This is the first year I didn’t put up lights or a tree. Don’t miss it at all.

Got to jump in here and wish all of the wonderful forum members a very Merry Christmas and a safe and heathy coming new year from Barb and I.
Cooking, grilling has always been my passion, but I'm not what you would call a joiner of groups or forums. But I was amazed when I realized I had surpassed 12,000 posts and threads since I joined this forum recently and it's because of the friendly, intelligent, willing to share people on here and for that I thank you all. I have learned an amazing amount from all of you.

Yep I can just see it now at Grill Groups anon. "Hi my name is Rich and I am a grillaholic" Group.................."Hi Rich" BWAHAHAHA

Merry Christmas everyone. I haven't been around here very long, but in the short time I got infected.

With Weberites.

This is a great group here. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it.

I second that.

Rich amazing the number of posts you have and I have learned so much from the threads also.

So last night for Christmas Eve it was Ribeyes on the 1000 from Costco. Got the kudo's from the wife and daughter cooked to perfection said it was the best steaks they had ever had.

Today its Lamb Chops from Costco can't make up my mind whether to cook them on the 1000 or the Performer.

Back