Happy Days Are Here Again

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Well I really can’t believe it the fire authority and state opened up the national forests and state forests and removed all the fire restrictions including the use of charcoal.
We got a lot of rain this past week and I guess it was enough to let them open everything up again.
After reading the good news I knew it was time to fire up the performer and cook up some KFC and sides.
Nice relatively cool evening with a few sprinkles used KBB and two chunks of apple for the smoke.
Really enjoyed cooking with coal again and the dinner came out great.
Next up some of Jim Lampe’s high heat baby backs. Haven’t done those in over a year, gotta fix that.

101_6766.JPG

101_6769.JPG

101_6776.JPG

101_6788.JPG

101_6791.JPG

Picture of one of our SRDs (spoiled rotten Dogs). With her own personal fan to keep her cool in the air conditioned house.

101_6762 (1).JPG

That was a grand slam on your first charcoal at-bat in a while. Looks like an awesome meal!

Keep spoiling them, as I know you will. We said goodbye to our precious Chucky last week.

Awesome cook Rich. Would be curious your breading, I can't get my son to give up his recipe. Yours looks awesome

Sweet cook Rich and even better plate shot. With all our rains lately it is great to use coal again and see blue skies no smoke.

Rich - super happy for you and others in your area - lifting the burn ban has got to be a relief. Awesome looking cook too!

I love this cook Rich, my vortex has not been used in over two weeks, that is the longest time off for that toy in months. This great cook has me knowing I need to change that.

Awesome cook Rich. Would be curious your breading, I can't get my son to give up his recipe. Yours looks awesome
Quite a complicated process for that breading Chuck ;) . Three cups corn flakes, 1 1/2 TBS. of Grill Mates Sweet & Smokey Rub, one food processer and spin the snot out of the mix. Rub the chicken with plain yellow mustard and roll the chicken in the mix.
First time we've used it, easy and very tasty with a nice crunch.

Well I really can’t believe it the fire authority and state opened up the national forests and state forests and removed all the fire restrictions including the use of charcoal.
We got a lot of rain this past week and I guess it was enough to let them open everything up again.
After reading the good news I knew it was time to fire up the performer and cook up some KFC and sides.
Nice relatively cool evening with a few sprinkles used KBB and two chunks of apple for the smoke.
Really enjoyed cooking with coal again and the dinner came out great.
Next up some of Jim Lampe’s high heat baby backs. Haven’t done those in over a year, gotta fix that.

View attachment 33076

View attachment 33077

View attachment 33078

View attachment 33079

View attachment 33080

Picture of one of our SRDs (spoiled rotten Dogs). With her own personal fan to keep her cool in the air conditioned house.

View attachment 33081
Dang. Making me hungry and I just ate supper. Looking good !

Back