Happy Canada Day and a major score

Ken I

TVWBB Member
Happy Canada Day to all you dedicated Weber-ites.

I’ve been seriously thinking about getting a performer grill I hear so many great things about it. Was about to pull the trigger on a new deluxe when I saw this on Kijiji this morning. I was the first one to respond and picked it up this aft...it is a 2017 model according to the serial number. Said he used it 4 times. Happy Canada Day for sure!

Attachments

• 569F0D87-F4F4-4906-A041-DB82F10B0E6B.jpeg
    569F0D87-F4F4-4906-A041-DB82F10B0E6B.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 28
Any advice on the best way to clean up a kettle (and how to not damage it) would be appreciated.

Also there is a sub forum here just for charcoal grills

Nice score! Straight razor blades and/or #0000 steel wool with simple green or another degreaser will get all of the gunk off.

Also there is a sub forum here just for charcoal grills
Thanks Kyle!

Hey Ken, Happy Canada Day from the East coast. I would love to catch a performer. Have two OTG so would have to ditch those first. J is right on with his instructions. Good Luck! 😀

Hey Richard! Thanks same to you and what’s an OTG?

OTG stands for One Touch Gold kettle grill. When they came out with the one touch cleaning system they had a Silver and Gold model. The Silver just had the ash “hubcap” underneath and one handle on the bowl. The Gold has the ash “bucket” underneath and two bowl handles and a lid thermometer. The Gold has been replaced with the Mastertouch which also has the lid bale and the black plastic tab on the lid vent.
My OTG as I was swapping for the wooden handles.
5D428C53-2DB9-41EB-8825-5BA276194815.jpeg

All cleaned up and ready to go! Picked up a new grate.

Attachments

• 04259AA0-06DE-4D32-BB09-7F54924E1F21.jpeg
    04259AA0-06DE-4D32-BB09-7F54924E1F21.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 16
  • C66A7246-C991-4A88-8F25-A37AFBAFE160.jpeg
    C66A7246-C991-4A88-8F25-A37AFBAFE160.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 16
Wow! That looks brand new!
Not quite but it’s in good shape. I think he left it out in the snow fior at least 1 winter. Rust showing on the bottom of the legs. I cleaned it up and sprayed a little jigaloo in there. The table is starting to bubble a bit in one spot. And the cooking grate was toast. Other than that, everything cleaned up great and it will be a nice addition to the family. It just goes to show that even abusing your grill for a season or 2 can cause some serious damage.

The wife took it a lot better than I thought😂

I find it helpful to show my wife pictures of people with more barbeques and smokers than I have (I have two kettles, two gassers, two smokers and a Big Green Egg).

EDIT: I forgot the charcoal Keg-A-Que that we use on camping trips.

I find it helpful to show my wife pictures of people with more barbeques and smokers than I have (I have two kettles, two gassers, two smokers and a Big Green Egg).

EDIT: I forgot the charcoal Keg-A-Que that we use on camping trips.
Good tip! I only have a gasser and now this, my first charcoal grill. But a good friend of ours has both a gas and charcoal, so that helped. But It always helps to remind out better halves that it could be a lot worse.

Back