Happy Canada Day and a major score

Ken I

TVWBB Member
Happy Canada Day to all you dedicated Weber-ites.

I’ve been seriously thinking about getting a performer grill I hear so many great things about it. Was about to pull the trigger on a new deluxe when I saw this on Kijiji this morning. I was the first one to respond and picked it up this aft...it is a 2017 model according to the serial number. Said he used it 4 times. Happy Canada Day for sure!

Attachments

• 569F0D87-F4F4-4906-A041-DB82F10B0E6B.jpeg
    569F0D87-F4F4-4906-A041-DB82F10B0E6B.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 28

Ken I

TVWBB Member
Any advice on the best way to clean up a kettle (and how to not damage it) would be appreciated.

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Wizard

Also there is a sub forum here just for charcoal grills

J Grotz

TVWBB All-Star
Nice score! Straight razor blades and/or #0000 steel wool with simple green or another degreaser will get all of the gunk off.

Ken I

TVWBB Member

Also there is a sub forum here just for charcoal grills
Thanks Kyle!

Richard in NS

TVWBB Pro
Hey Ken, Happy Canada Day from the East coast. I would love to catch a performer. Have two OTG so would have to ditch those first. J is right on with his instructions. Good Luck! 😀

Richard in NS

TVWBB Pro
Hey Richard! Thanks same to you and what’s an OTG?

OTG stands for One Touch Gold kettle grill. When they came out with the one touch cleaning system they had a Silver and Gold model. The Silver just had the ash “hubcap” underneath and one handle on the bowl. The Gold has the ash “bucket” underneath and two bowl handles and a lid thermometer. The Gold has been replaced with the Mastertouch which also has the lid bale and the black plastic tab on the lid vent.
My OTG as I was swapping for the wooden handles.
5D428C53-2DB9-41EB-8825-5BA276194815.jpeg

Ken I

TVWBB Member
All cleaned up and ready to go! Picked up a new grate.

Attachments

• 04259AA0-06DE-4D32-BB09-7F54924E1F21.jpeg
    04259AA0-06DE-4D32-BB09-7F54924E1F21.jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 16
  • C66A7246-C991-4A88-8F25-A37AFBAFE160.jpeg
    C66A7246-C991-4A88-8F25-A37AFBAFE160.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 16

Ken I

TVWBB Member
Wow! That looks brand new!
Not quite but it’s in good shape. I think he left it out in the snow fior at least 1 winter. Rust showing on the bottom of the legs. I cleaned it up and sprayed a little jigaloo in there. The table is starting to bubble a bit in one spot. And the cooking grate was toast. Other than that, everything cleaned up great and it will be a nice addition to the family. It just goes to show that even abusing your grill for a season or 2 can cause some serious damage.

Ed Pinnell

TVWBB All-Star
The wife took it a lot better than I thought😂

I find it helpful to show my wife pictures of people with more barbeques and smokers than I have (I have two kettles, two gassers, two smokers and a Big Green Egg).

EDIT: I forgot the charcoal Keg-A-Que that we use on camping trips.

Ken I

TVWBB Member
I find it helpful to show my wife pictures of people with more barbeques and smokers than I have (I have two kettles, two gassers, two smokers and a Big Green Egg).

EDIT: I forgot the charcoal Keg-A-Que that we use on camping trips.
Good tip! I only have a gasser and now this, my first charcoal grill. But a good friend of ours has both a gas and charcoal, so that helped. But It always helps to remind out better halves that it could be a lot worse.