Happy 4th Share your favorite Grill or Grills

I feel like you probably make some really good BBQ!!!😍👌🏼
Well I win some and lose some. But, honestly Josh I truly appreciate the compliment! Today the back ribs? OMG outstandingly great. The bone in rack? Decent, but otherwise MEH. The issue? I took it to 142 internal. Then gave it a very long wrapped in a cooler rest. In retrospect I should have put it on an hour later, and taken it off at least 7 degrees earlier. It was tender but it was WAY too lean to take it up to 140ish before wrapping and resting. Tasty, great color, but a bit on the drier side. Next time I will know. But darn the ribs were "kiss the meat off the bone" good! Back ribs were something I'd been struggling with on Big Z for the longest time. Like Chuck roasts they were my nemesis. Until someone (I'd give credit but forgot who), told me to forget all the futzing and messing with wraps and spritzing and what have you. Season with the rub, throw them on 235-250 and leave them go to about 200, remove rest and eat.
Well it's an Epiphany! Even lowly Costco back ribs come out to die for. Eternally grateful for that advice as I'd sworn off those ribs in favor of spares only.
Renee's lamb roast? Yeah overdone BUT juicy and tender. I just kept the Wolf on med heat on left side, low on the other. Took them to about 150, rested and served. She was VERY happy. So all around a winner meal plus the Wolf came out of hibernation

Well I win some and lose some. But, honestly Josh I truly appreciate the compliment! Today the back ribs? OMG outstandingly great. The bone in rack? Decent, but otherwise MEH. The issue? I took it to 142 internal. Then gave it a very long wrapped in a cooler rest. In retrospect I should have put it on an hour later, and taken it off at least 7 degrees earlier. It was tender but it was WAY too lean to take it up to 140ish before wrapping and resting. Tasty, great color, but a bit on the drier side. Next time I will know. But darn the ribs were "kiss the meat off the bone" good! Back ribs were something I'd been struggling with on Big Z for the longest time. Like Chuck roasts they were my nemesis. Until someone (I'd give credit but forgot who), told me to forget all the futzing and messing with wraps and spritzing and what have you. Season with the rub, throw them on 235-250 and leave them go to about 200, remove rest and eat.
Well it's an Epiphany! Even lowly Costco back ribs come out to die for. Eternally grateful for that advice as I'd sworn off those ribs in favor of spares only.
Renee's lamb roast? Yeah overdone BUT juicy and tender. I just kept the Wolf on med heat on left side, low on the other. Took them to about 150, rested and served. She was VERY happy. So all around a winner meal plus the Wolf came out of hibernation
It's obvious you have skills with those grills and take pride in you cooking. Impressive! I bet it was amazing😋

This is the one I cook on every day, so it's my favorite. View attachment 95040
I forgot to mention the reason for the mismatched handle. This is a cedar handle that ended up having a large knot that tore out while making it. I know that the very first Weber gas grills had cedar furniture so I wanted to experiment with making one since cedar is such a lightweight wood. It did seem like it would be a little flimsy on it's own, but installed on a grill it seems sturdy enough so far.

I forgot to mention the reason for the mismatched handle. This is a cedar handle that ended up having a large knot that tore out while making it. I know that the very first Weber gas grills had cedar furniture so I wanted to experiment with making one since cedar is such a lightweight wood. It did seem like it would be a little flimsy on it's own, but installed on a grill it seems sturdy enough so far.
I'm torn on weather to change the gray durawood slats on my skyline. I want to keep it as close to original as possible. That's kind of my thoughts on that restoration but on the other hand I'm a woodworker by hobby and it would be fun to put some hi-end wood on it while keeping everything else as it was designed originally.

I'm torn on weather to change the gray durawood slats on my skyline. I want to keep it as close to original as possible. That's kind of my thoughts on that restoration but on the other hand I'm a woodworker by hobby and it would be fun to put some hi-end wood on it while keeping everything else as it was designed originally.
Yeah, the Skyline is probably the only grill I would think twice about replacing the durawood. All the other ones look so much better with nice, real wood that there isn't much to think about.

Josh, go ahead and source all the parts for the shelves and slap some beautiful wood slats into them. But keep the durawood shelves and parts as is. That way you can switch them out easily depending on how you are feeling. If you wind up finding you like one or the other better and want to keep it that way, then you can slap the other set on another grill.

Okay so I'll refinish it with the original durawood. I'll also be doing another 1000 build maybe at the same time that will have Sappy Walnut slats so I can try them on the Skyline for fun but keeping them original on the Skyline makes sense especially since I'm doing another 1000 at the same time with custom wood.

Back