Hand cut NY steaks. It’s what’s for dinner tonight.

Hmmmm….. did a NY Steak dinner some years ago. Are you going to steak out the whole thing? That’s what we did.

View attachment 48825
yessir! i'll be apportioning the whole loin into individual steaks, cooking 3-4 of them tonight and then freezing the remainder. cut will likely be 1.5 to 1.75" thick. i'll need to measure my cut's overall length and then do my math.

for 30% savings at Costco (whole loin versus their cut steaks), plus my cash back reward at end of year (had to add that part) no one else is serving me steak dinners for $7.79 a #.

Looks good man. Yours always comes out looking professional..
I love asparagus that is fresh cooked that way.....3 or 4 minutes and char but still crunchy is my go to.
I have some non posted pics I may share, did a nice picanha on the weekend, cooked perfect.
Have drums thawing out for tonight, just 1 pound I am all by myself........might go Jah love Oakridge and some heavy char.
It's hard to be ambitious enough to cook an upscale full meal when you are only cooking for yourself.....we will see.

Brett, I gotta hand it to you. When I cook stuff I just eat it and clean up the mess.
This was a special dinner last night, thus the little extra on effort and ingredients. I’m sure you have a meal you cook in expert mode. Everyone’s got a dish they love to make. Simple is usually even better.

Looks good man. Yours always comes out looking professional..
I love asparagus that is fresh cooked that way.....3 or 4 minutes and char but still crunchy is my go to.
I have some non posted pics I may share, did a nice picanha on the weekend, cooked perfect.
Have drums thawing out for tonight, just 1 pound I am all by myself........might go Jah love Oakridge and some heavy char.
It's hard to be ambitious enough to cook an upscale full meal when you are only cooking for yourself.....we will see.
Thank you. That’s a very high compliment from someone who’s cooks I admire and look forward to. Let’s just give credit to my iPhone for the photos I post.

When I’m solo I usually lean towards seafood. It’s just easier to portion out and with less work. Shrimp, scallops, 2 lobster tails, ahi tuna or some salmon. You can go high end with fast cook proteins and easy cleanups.

Or a high quality Italian meats sandwich works too. To me, ingredients selection is key to a great meal.

Let's talk wine for a quick minute. If you're interested in adding wine to your collection, Sobon winery is one of our faves. You can join their wine club, which is an emailing list and no commitments, and benefit from the specials they run.

Here's a link to the recent vintage of their Barbera, which is a screw top (helps keep prices down and flavor in). For its price, you''' be hard pressed to find a better table wine to enjoy that is consistently great. We keep this varietal in our collection as it goes very well with steaks, italian foods (red sauces, and or spicy dishes), lamb, duck, sausages, basically any food that has some fat or depth. We usually drink it with grilled beef, grilled lamb and ragu sauces over pasta.

no, i do not earn any commissions or pay from my recommendations. just offering this up to those of you not in my region of CA who might want to pair a good wine with some good food you're making or serving to guests. you're getting the benefit of all that hard work I do going wine tasting, in search of bottles worth buying and keeping.

Looks tasty! That's how we buy our steak too. Check out US foods (largest restaruant supply in the world) in your neck of the woods.They are open to the public. They have the same quality meat, and usually less expensive than Costco. You can subscribe to get their weekly hot sheet and see whats on sale.

Back