Hamburger

Karl Repsher

TVWBB Fan
Hey ya'll, Tahiti checking in here, I've been super busy the last two months so my time at TVWBB has been reduced to lurkin', you guys have been turning out some might fine grub tho and fortunately my key board is on a shelf that slides under the desk top so as to not drool all over it.

Anyway, we are having the friends of our niece and nephew over for New Years Eve and STFZD hamburgers are one of the items on the menu,

so we prepared the meat in advance, we make a mixture of chuck, veal and flank, this time it's 47/23/30.

Instead of a full 15-17 pound chuck we bought a 6.3 lb chuck roll,

a nice veal shoulder,

Some flank steak, I think you call this flap steak (?),

We cubed the meat and placed in the freezer to firm up, then ground through a 1/8" plate on the Kenwood grinder, veal at 6:00, flank at 9:00 and chuck on top,

The Kenwood grinder is kinda pricey, it has 2 speeds forward and reverse, but on the slow speed it will grind meat faster than I can put it in the tube, even if it's frozen.

About 13 1/4 lbs of pure goodness, nice and sticky with the fats all mixed together for some tasty STUFZ burgers,

Here is the hamburger in Zip-Loc bags, into the freezer awaiting New Years Eve,

Thanks for lookin' and don't worry, there will be lots of pics that night, cuz we have a designated shooter that loves picture taking.

Karl

Looks like your ready for New Years now you need a few cases of adult beverages.

Those are going to be superb Karl, don't forget to show us the finished results. There really is not anything better than a great burger

Back