Halfa Weber Jerky Smoke

Lory Harrison

TVWBB Member
Here's some jerky I made on the Halfa Weber and some other pics of a smoke from this weekend.

Prep for jerky!

image.jpg1_zpsdtcu4qia.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Both regular for my dog and spicy for us!

image.jpg3_zpspef4doz6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There's my nosy father putting a surface temp on my jerky smoke because he's one of those! A 10 degree log is all that's needed but he felt I was smokin too high and was going to ruin it. After all my years of smokin successfully without he still has to set one down when I smoke jerky!!!! I knocked it under the grate at one point and that was a fun argument.

image.jpg5_zpsurnvovwy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Full house!

image.jpg2_zps1davxaqb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg4_zpsaus46sgm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg6_zpsuo42rssq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg7_zps3zmrscyk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg9_zpszmockasa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg11_zpsrkftskjv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And here's the cycle repeated, I'm prepping for next weeks slab smoke again.

image.jpg6_zpsvmmvhzwi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thank you everyone! My dog gets all! ;). Poor girl she waits and waits for hrs. I've thought about puttin in her own slab too because the spice is strong on my briskest.

Those chickens were 2 distinct flavors, they were just great.

The jerky I'm stuck on something missin. Everyone loves it but something about it bugs me. I don't know if it's honey or ? That I need. I've added like A1 and diff kinds of BBQ but there's something. Maybe it's just me.

That's a great cook and I like the dogs jerky. Don't feel bad I bake dog cookies for our two which they love.

looks like a great cook! What type of offset are you running?

I wish I had an offset!!! I was just telling Dale I'm tempted to compete this summer because I'd like to get the funds to buy one. I've suffered a lot of damage from the floodings last month and almost lost my Halfa Weber. I lost my PBC in the flood. Had damage to my house so I can't afford an offset but it's on my mind 24/7. I have a barrel smoker but it's a single, here she is!!

image.jpg1_zps9jsjbyji.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image.jpg1_zpslrdihocl.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's a great cook and I like the dogs jerky. Don't feel bad I bake dog cookies for our two which they love.

Thank you! Yes she eats what we eat but I like to make separate because of the spices. I make plain for her or if my father treats us to Jimmy Johns yummy subs I get her a plain one. I was just saying earlier that if slabs are on sale at my local grocery this week, I'll be able to get her, her own so she doesn't have to eat our heavy peppered and garlicky one.

She knows the jerky machine is being prepped!!

image1_zpsc383c2ef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back