HAHA I knew it...

Dennis Stilwell

TVWBB Member
That the wife would like Pulled Pork Sammie's. She was so sure that it wasn't going to fly with her (my Grandma makes them in the oven, soaks it down with cheap BBQ sauce and keeps it warm in a crock pot all day). I told her other wise. These were reheated form last night to, imagine if they were fresh. Oh and it was the first one I have EVER made Pulled Pork, it was also a last minute decision to make them. Shes on the phone bragging to the Mother In-Law right now. I sure love it when I'm right. I love it more when people enjoy the food that I make.

I just had a similar time with my wife's tastes. She says she doesn't like turkey, but evidently she recently saw something about pulled turkey and said I should try it. I showed her Larry Wolfe's post from a while back when he did pulled turkey. Now she's really nagging me for it. So, when the ice melts around the smoker and I can bend my fingers outside, I'll give it a bid. I had been after her for two years to give a smoked turkey a shot, but her answer was always, "you know I don't care for turkey. I like chicken."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
I just had a similar time with my wife's tastes. She says she doesn't like turkey, but evidently she recently saw something about pulled turkey and said I should try it. I showed her Larry Wolfe's post from a while back when he did pulled turkey. Now she's really nagging me for it. So, when the ice melts around the smoker and I can bend my fingers outside, I'll give it a bid. I had been after her for two years to give a smoked turkey a shot, but her answer was always, "you know I don't care for turkey. I like chicken." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll show them!!!

I barbecued several butts for some good friend's son's graduation party a couple years ago. These are super folks that are also from Michigan. Anyway, all their visiting family from Michigan were so nice in their complements, you'd think it was their first prime rib. They went on and on about what kind of wood I used and how good it was...

If you're hungry, pork butts are pretty hard to mess up. However, if you work on it a little and take your time with it, they can be downright heavenly.

I'll speak as a Tennessean: Congratulations, on your first "barbecue"!

Thanks Dave. How has the weather been down there this winter? How is it during the summer? I might have a Job opportunity right there in Lebanon.

Great stories
icon_smile.gif
Not too long ago another of our "forum brethern" explained that his wife, a vegetarian of some 17yrs, finally fell victum to the sight, sounds, & smell of his frequent consumption of "yummy" ribs from his WSM
icon_wink.gif

Dennis, it's pretty nice around here. It's not as hot or humid as in other parts of the south, like Memphis or Atlanta, but it's pretty flat as Nashville is in a geographical basin. However, this makes both tornados and heavy snow pretty uncommon here in the immediate area.

I tell you what though, it looks like ole' man winter is gonna make us all wish we were in Florida this year.

Back