Habanero PSB

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
Hey Folks, I haven't been posting much these days but I managed to squeeze out a dinner for my parents who came for a visit. Not to say that the PSB recipe is not hot enough, matter of fact I am always surprised how much heat the 3 jalapenos in this recipe gives off. But I just love me some good habanero flavor.

Elvis my Aussie is going to stand watch on this one. Here we have the 4 lb chuck heavily seasoned with S&P

I also switched out red onion for yellow - okay, I forgot to buy red onion and was forced to use yellow

at 165* - It took about 3 hours to get hear running at 280*

Look at that habanero Tony! I can't wait...everybody back in the pool.

making croutons for Caesar salad

did you know that if you take heavy whipping cream and shake the crap out of the jar, after the whipped cream forms, just keep going, it will make buttermilk? and butter? I had no idea, the wife was making cup cakes and we had no buttermilk...who knew? I felt like I was doing witchcraft..

Look at that...butter and buttermilk...heh..

He'll be bbq-ing in no time...

time to shred...this is perfect

back in the pool

Red Velvet Cupcakes - holy moly they were good...thanks Mrs. Lynch

no action shots but here are the croutons

Almost forgot the plated pic!

Delicious. I love this sandwich. The habanero added some really nice flavor and upped the heat. It was almost overpowering and I wouldn't serve this dish to someone who isn't used to hot food. I used 2 jalapenos and 1 habanero and I think it was jussst right.

Thanks for looking folks and hopefully I can post some more real fast!!

I love the heat. You could plop one of those Sammie's in front of me and have no worry. Nice looking cook , brother.

and speaking of heat....doesn't the afterburn make that red velvet cupcake taste like a little bit of heaven?

Chris that PSB is out freakin standing brother, maybe a little too hot for me, last time I used Habenero I could not taste anything for a few hours, LOL
But I would have to dive into any sammie that looks like that

Great looking cook, PSB, cupcakes and salad all look wonderful. I love the flavor of habanero too but they are so darn hot!!

Oh you youngsters, cream makes butter and buttermilk, really?
sorry, couldn't resist Chris.:p

Beautiful cook and photos Mr & Mrs Lynch!
(homemade croutons are the best!)

You beat me to it Chris...we always talked about doing a PSB using habanero.

Sebastian is growing fast...

Looks like he's BBQin to me! that big guy on his back is really slowing him down though!

Everything looks delicious.

Great job Chris. Everything looks delicious. Love the cupcakes too Mrs. L. Been busy myself but still managing to cook and eat! Just no posts lately. Thanks for the inspiration.

Back