Grilled Chicken Quarters and Smo

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Happy New Year everyone! For New Year's Eve we stayed at home and I grilled up some leg quarters and sided them up with smoked macaroni and cheese. Here's the pictures.

I put the M&C together earlier in the day. Elbow macaroni, butter, flour, mustard powder, half and half, cream cheese, sharp cheddar and some Gouda.

enhance

Then I made a mixture of Panko, butter and a sweet rub and topped the dish. Threw in a couple of extras, some yellow corn and one chopped Hatch Chile from earlier this fall.

enhance

Rubbed the chicken down with a mixture of soy sauce, olive oil, pepper, granulated onions and cayenne.

enhance

Smoked the mac and cheese on my 18" WSM running at 225, apple for smoke. Let it go an hour.

enhance

I gave the mac and cheese a half hour head start and then threw the chicken quarters.

enhance

Flipped 'em 4 or 5 times.

enhance

enhance

Pulled the mac after an hour.

enhance

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Nice way to round out 2019. Again, Happy New Year to everyone. Thanks for looking.

Way to send off the old year, Cliff!
I used to grill chicken quarters, a lot, not sure why I haven't lately, but you've inspired me!

Awesome cook Cliff, and I'm all over the mac and cheese dish. Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year.

Back