Grill Rescue Brush

Its OK now. I have some limitations, but much better than 7 or 8 months ago. Bottom line though is that I am going to have to go under the knife at some point according to the surgeon. Hopefully that is many years from now though.

Has any one bought one of these http://thegrillrescue.com Little pricey. Looks like the Grill Rescue brush might be made of fire hose or fire fighters clothing material.

With the paranoia on bristle brushes, I would like to search for safer alternatives. I've used a ball of foil and water to steam clean PE CI grates with pretty good results, followed with a wipe down with veg oil on a paper towel before grilling to pick up any stray material.

I'm considering an Alpha Grillers Grill Brush SS Bristle Free Brush w/scraper off of Amazon that also uses water to steam clean CI & SS grates.

Just curious what you all use since everything is dangerous these days. The black helicopter with "The Chicken Police" and Clorox bombs is always over my house when I'm cooking chicken. "Don't wash that chicken! Don't wash that chicken!" :mad:
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to reply.

I've been using the Grill Rescue brush for almost 18 months now and absolutely love it. It's slightly pricey but well worth it. I've gone through 2 brush heads in that time but given the peace of mind knowing there are no metal bristles is important to me.

I have a Weber E-610 that I use year round and this brush does a great job. If the grill is especially dirty I first use a wooden scraper to get rid of the big chunks and then the brush. I've bought 2 more sets and given them out as presents.

Cheers,

Amnon

Has any one bought one of these http://thegrillrescue.com Little pricey. Looks like the Grill Rescue brush might be made of fire hose or fire fighters clothing material.

With the paranoia on bristle brushes, I would like to search for safer alternatives. I've used a ball of foil and water to steam clean PE CI grates with pretty good results, followed with a wipe down with veg oil on a paper towel before grilling to pick up any stray material.

I'm considering an Alpha Grillers Grill Brush SS Bristle Free Brush w/scraper off of Amazon that also uses water to steam clean CI & SS grates.

Just curious what you all use since everything is dangerous these days. The black helicopter with "The Chicken Police" and Clorox bombs is always over my house when I'm cooking chicken. "Don't wash that chicken! Don't wash that chicken!" :mad:
You just got to love it when you have a sexy girl in a bikini with a chlorine soaked grill brush coming out of the pool to clean a grill.

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to reply.

I've been using the Grill Rescue brush for almost 18 months now and absolutely love it. It's slightly pricey but well worth it. I've gone through 2 brush heads in that time but given the peace of mind knowing there are no metal bristles is important to me.

I have a Weber E-610 that I use year round and this brush does a great job. If the grill is especially dirty I first use a wooden scraper to get rid of the big chunks and then the brush. I've bought 2 more sets and given them out as presents.

Cheers,

Amnon
I had no idea they where $60! That is about half my grill's worth. I could by new grates for my grill every year and save money over the cost of keeping it clean. I am glad they work but that is more than I am likely to pay for a brush.

I saw these at Harbor Freight, $18.95 for all. Worked just fine cleaning the grill grate with a nice long handle on a few of them.
Just my 2 cents.

crmrDCe.jpg
I have the old style weed digging tool like 5 ,6 bucks at the garden center works grate on grates.....

If I had a HF that was closer than 50 miles to me, I probably would. They would be useful for working on my truck and wife's car as well. But, until then, inquiring minds want to know. I am hoping Jeff has some solid rod grates to try them on.
Bruce they work well I have a shorter panel tool for working on card, it also will lift the center grill insert as well. I like this set as you have the long handles.
I am going to make a stop as I have a VA appointment also next week.

Back