Greetings!

Thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I love my Weber Genesis 330 which I purchased in February, 2012. Weber has been excellent with replacement parts and warranty. I can't lift the tanks any longer though and am having natural gas installed. I can't seem to find a quality replacement grill though. After reading here last night the Summit is out and overpriced. I just had a new ignition and new burners installed this year but it looks like the grill can't be easily converted to natural gas. Suggestions welcome!
I also have a Weber Smokey Joe and last summer bought a Weber Master Touch charcoal which I love to use on weekends. That charcoal taste is unbeatable.

Carolyn

Welcome! You’ve already answered your own question. You love the flavor of charcoal but are heading towards a gasser.

I bought a E6 Weber Kamado and my gasser (Summit) is very jealous now as she’s seen no use since Father’s Day and it appears the gasser’s days here might be numbered.

I’ve found the E6 to be the best of all worlds, searing, grilling and slow cooking AND all with lump coal, which personally tastes better than briqs.

Sorry to throw a wrench in your plans here. Maybe it’s not too late to cancel the gas line install and put that money into a E6 and then sell off some of your collections as they mostly won’t be needed.

Just my thoughts. Others will chime in as there’s lots of perspective and feedback here. Very knowledgeable people and most are very kind.

Looking forward to seeing your cooks. Cheers 🍻

Last edited:
Thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I love my Weber Genesis 330 which I purchased in February, 2012. Weber has been excellent with replacement parts and warranty. I can't lift the tanks any longer though and am having natural gas installed. I can't seem to find a quality replacement grill though. After reading here last night the Summit is out and overpriced. I just had a new ignition and new burners installed this year but it looks like the grill can't be easily converted to natural gas. Suggestions welcome!
I also have a Weber Smokey Joe and last summer bought a Weber Master Touch charcoal which I love to use on weekends. That charcoal taste is unbeatable.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome.

The best option is to replace the manifold and hoses with the natural gas type.

Here is the NG manifold for the 330.

And the instructions from weber.

I'm not sure a good solution for the side burner. You could try replacing the orifice and see how well it works.

good luck,

Last edited:

Carolyn
Welcome Carolyn! Hey.... I'll lift the tanks for you if you will grill for me!

Welcome Carolyn! DanHoo has posted the way I would go for your conversion. You might want to start a post in the “Gas Grill” section of the forum as someone might have a manifold to fit your grill and sell/trade it cheaper than buyIng a new one. Good luck.

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome.

The best option is to replace the manifold and hoses with the natural gas type.

Here is the NG manifold for the 330.

And the instructions from weber.

I'm not sure a good solution for the side burner. You could try replacing the orifice and see how well it works.

good luck,
Thank you, Dan Hoo! This looks like a great solution my grill is in perfect working order! Can another burner be added for the sear burner? I have extra burners here because I had to replace my ignition this summer and Weber replaced my burner tubes under warranty at that time. I had to buy an extra set though as only three burners come in a kit. :)

My E330 looks like this. If so it has three main burners and a sear burner and a side burner.

@Carolyn Edelstein You said you have an E330. Can you post a picture of it?

edit: so if you have this grill, then you already have four burners ( three plus sear) if you don't have a sear, then it is probably a different model.

The model number and serial number on mine are inside on the post holding up the grease drip pan, behind the LP tank.

20210424_175550.jpg

Last edited:
DanHoo, here’s my grill.

Attachments

• C6E049EF-22DD-4F6B-97F4-77B60ACFBC28.jpeg
    C6E049EF-22DD-4F6B-97F4-77B60ACFBC28.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 97E725FE-3677-407F-A9D7-A990F72DD25F.jpeg
    97E725FE-3677-407F-A9D7-A990F72DD25F.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 12
Thank you, Dan Hoo! This looks like a great solution my grill is in perfect working order! Can another burner be added for the sear burner? I have extra burners here because I had to replace my ignition this summer and Weber replaced my burner tubes under warranty at that time. I had to buy an extra set though as only three burners come in a kit. :)
Thanks for the pic Carolyn. It looks like your grill is a 2011-2016 S-330 LP. Same as my E330 except stainless lid and doors.

I don't understand your question "Can another burner be added for the sear burner?" Can you clarify what you are asking?

Oops! I see I didn't read the manifold assembly info thoroughly! It does connect the sear burner. Now I would just need to find someone to install it. Would the HVAC guy that's installing the NG be the one to do that? What a savings. These old grills seem much better made than the newer ones.

I don't have a good suggestion for someone to swap the manifold. It is not hard.

The side burner needs at least a new orifice which is easy to change. Maybe a new valve too, but I don't know for certain.

If DanHoo can instruct you how to change it you should be fine doing it. I have the exact same S330 as you but the manifold came installed to the firebox when new so I have no experience with removing it. Done several of the older east/west style manifolds though and they are not too hard. I have never changed or drilled an orifice as there is no NG where I live so you might want to post on the “gas grill” section and LMichaels there is very knowledgeable on the subject.

How will I know what type of hose to get? I have found someone that I'm confident can install the manifold. He assembles grills for a living. Is there a specific hose? I'm waiting for the gas line at this point. Do I need to wait to see what the connection end looks like?

Back