Greetings from Vancouver, Washington USA

Dale Groetsema

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello all you WSM fans,

I am not technically "new" to the VWBB, having joined back in 2000. But I have been away for several years, as Chris knows. Getting my birthday greeting today reminded me of what a great resource this site has been over the years I was active prompted me to come back to the group.

I have been competing for 14-15 years, first as Big Daddy and the Kid, then Cider House BBQ, followed by Leukemia Sucks, Too BBQ and now have joined forces with three other pitmasters into a team called Legends of NW BBQ. We have only competed twice together and have done well, taking 1st place chicken and 10th place ribs up in Yakima Washington at the Skewered Apple cookoff sponsored by Tree-Top. Not bad from a field of 75 teams.

I still use WSM for competitions-and in fact, have three slabs smoking away right now as I write this.

If any of you in the PNW are into competition BBQ or are thinking of doing it, there is a spring training event coming up in 10 days in Portland that you might want to consider. It is a one day event, featuring sausage, tri-tip, chicken and ribs. It is a great way to practice as well as get a taste for what it is like to compete. Shoot me a message and I will get you the details or check out the PNWBA website for more info.

See you on the BBQ trail.

Welcome back to the family Dale! We moved to AZ from Camas... my dad is still in Camas and our daughter is in Vancouver, so we go back almost every year!

Back