Greetings from a Texan in Oregon

Seth K

Hello all, originally from Texas but moved to Oregon about 11 years ago. I have been smoking and grilling on Old Smokey for years and finally got a OTG. I am looking forward to learning this new devise. I have heard nothing but great things. Everyone up here in OR had never seen an Old Smokey but sure enjoyed the tasty goods that came from its belly.

My best cooks are generally pork ribs, chicken (any cut or whole), burgers, and salmon. I am looking forward to doing some pork butts and trying some brisket on the Weber.

Welcome to the forum and the PNW !

Looks like the Old Smokey cooks like a kettle.
The OTG should be easy for you.

Like this ?
10045417.jpg

BTW, American Shad (2-3 lbs average) are running now and fun to catch.
Great for crab bait and some people eat 'em.
Go to "Forks" where the North Umpqua and South Umpqua meet.

Then Summer Steelhead will begin arriving.
I could go on.....

That's Old Smokey. I figure I should not have to adapt too much once I get the vents, temps, and times dialed in.

Joe: I live in Roseburg where the North and South Umpqua Rivers meet. I have not been shad fishing but should go. I do fish salmon and steelhead when the season is in. I can only make it out for 5-10 days a year to fish, but am fortunate that I know many people who catch too many fish and have to give them away. I crab about the same amount and generally use the salmon heads and tails for bait.

Back