Green Top Genesis - Are they rare?

I decided yesterday to grab that one. The frame is shot but all the parts are in good shape including all the thermoset tables. Even the burners.
Now I have a green, maroon and a blue lid. Not sure what to do with them yet.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/535491270195733/

If nothing else it is fun to consider the possibilities. Some women around where I live redecorate their house for each season. Maybe you can swap out your grill hood color based on the time of year:D!

I decided yesterday to grab that one. The frame is shot but all the parts are in good shape including all the thermoset tables. Even the burners.
Now I have a green, maroon and a blue lid. Not sure what to do with them yet.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/535491270195733/

How bout you sell me the blue one never seen one down in ATL, guessing the shipping would kill it but you never know. PM me if you are interested in selling it guessing its one that fits a 1000 not the 2 burners.

No sorry. The blue one is not for sale. I have a 1000 I want to restore for myself and use it for that. And the maroon one I want to use on the Silver/Gold C I have.

If nothing else it is fun to consider the possibilities. Some women around where I live redecorate their house for each season. Maybe you can swap out your grill hood color based on the time of year:D!

That is funny. Interesting idea. A red or green one for Christmas. A brown one for fall or Thanksgiving ( not that I have one). The blue one for NFL or NBA when the cowboys or Mavericks are playing. Black one for Halloween... 😂😂

Yah, it is funny how that works out. My first year, I was finding all black and "mica" colored lids with a couple of the burgundy. Few red, blue or any other colors. THis past summer it was all red. In fact, I think I picked up more red heads than black. I also picked up three blue heads in about a two month span. No burgundy, mica or the other rare colors.

Here it is mainly black and SS. Occasionally I see a red one. But the other colors are really rare here.

Here ya go:

By the way larry, did you get the email on the KA mixer that I sent you via email?

OnVaP76.jpg

I did but like this grill the link will not work

That could be a sweet little grill. Even the hard to find and easy to lose baskets are there. I'm surprised you're not going after it

I still might if is still available in a day or two.

Here is the KA mixer add. But is already sold.

CXhV9l4.jpg

Yeah for $50 I can certainly understand that. Those Artisans should fetch a little more in really good shape, This one looks to be cosmetically nice. Though usually no matter how nice a tilt head is that I rebuild I am hard pressed to get much over $100 which is why I have kind of given up on them unless they're collector types like the Susan G Komen pink ones. They sell for closer to $175. Hell the grease costs me almost $15 per machine! Ad a little labor, the fact that I modify the weak spots (like these Artisan units the nuts holding the rear motor plate come loose and jam up in the motor) so I install either Loctite or nyloc nuts so they stay together. So little things like this I do start to add up in time and material costs plus I only resell the cream of the crop cosmetically. I have a hard time to break a profit on the tilt heads.

Pretty much the same with grills. All the tools, supplies, parts gas, etc..... It all adds up and before you know it, you have $150-$200 into a grill that you are trying to sell for $225. That doesn't make for a good hourly wage for the labor.

That is what I thought it was. Funny thing is, is that I have picked up probably a dozen or more Genny 1000 grills but never a 2000-5000 or a Genesis 1 or variation there of. I wonder why that is. I guess that it is a geographical thing maybe.

I find all this talk of KA mixer flipping fascinating. LM, please expand on this, or
point me in a direction to a thread where you may have already. It also gets me
to thinking. What other flip markets are out there? More specific, what lucrative
flip markets are out there? Besides housing and cars?

Not sure how you want me to expand. I got started simply enough. Bought a machine from the late 40's for my wife. Than discovered it was making noises. Forgot where but found a service manual for a later model and adapted to the early unit. Had that unit purring, but discovered it would not use implements as the newer machines. Discovered a newer one that didn't work, fixed and overhauled it, than heard of someone wanting one so I sold it at a nice profit. I was off. Been doing it for about 10 years. IN that time I have discovered what fails how to make them stronger/better, and continue to move on.

Back