Grease pan for Genesis 1000

Jeff Canto

TVWBB Member
What’s the best option for a replacement pan for the old Genesis? Need three or four of the boogers and they’re expensive.

Those are the most neglected parts on those grills. I think it's either find a donor or pony up. Maybe Bruce can help you out. He is "Hoovering" up all the old grills!

Are you talking about the large grease slider tray or the little one with the bracket holding the small grease pan? The small ones are cheap to replace but the large slider trays are expensive. There are no cheap options. I have not found one yet and I try to restore old ones. If they are only rusted along the edges I consider them mint and patch them up with rust converting paint. I only discard them when they have holes in it.

Are you talking about the large grease slider tray or the little one with the bracket holding the small grease pan? The small ones are cheap to replace but the large slider trays are expensive. There are no cheap options. I have not found one yet and I try to restore old ones. If they are only rusted along the edges I consider them mint and patch them up with rust converting paint. I only discard them when they have holes in it.
I can’t find any option at all cheap or otherwise. Seems they don’t make them anymore. Need the large ones.

I can’t find any option at all cheap or otherwise. Seems they don’t make them anymore. Need the large ones.
Looks like you are right. They show to be discontinued. I can’t find it either. So I would look out for a parts grill to salvage.

This thread is further evidence that the days of bountiful parts being available for the older Genesis grills is starting to draw to a close. Sure, you will be still able to get grates and a few other parts common to more recent grills, but the parts specific to the Genesis 1-5 and x000 grills are becoming more and more scarce. I hope I can take as much as I can with me to Indiana. Even relatively poor condition parts may be the only option in the future, besides custom fabrication.

Last edited:
This thread is further evidence that the days of bountiful parts being available for the older Genesis grills is starting to draw to a close. Sure, you will be still able to get grates and a few other parts common to other more than recent grills, but the parts specific to the Genesis 1-5 and x000 grills are becoming more and more scarce. I hope I can take as much as I can with me to Indiana. Even relatively poor condition parts may be the only option in the future, besides custom fabrication.
I’m kinda pondering wether we could get a metal fan place to duplicate them and make from stainless or aluminum and do a run of forty or so. Wonder how cost prohibitive it would be.

One problem would be finding a sheet metal shop interested enough to take on this and similar challenges. Second would be the cost of then shipping parts to various interested restorers. Those are not insurmountable. When I move I am planning on trying to find a small outfit that would be interested in ideas like this. And a sandblasting/powder coating guy. I am hoping in a more rural area prices might be lower than in South Florida and that maybe I can find someone not so high paced so that he might be willing to experiment.

Hi, I believe I have 3 or 4 of the big trays. Please confirm if are approximately 19.75 inches wide. The last few 13 flavor bar grills I picked up had rotted fireboxes. I ended up stripping the grills for parts.

The brackets and small drip catchers are still available for about $20.00

The pans nest so shipping more than one might be economical via ground freight.

One problem would be finding a sheet metal shop interested enough to take on this and similar challenges. Second would be the cost of then shipping parts to various interested restorers. Those are not insurmountable. When I move I am planning on trying to find a small outfit that would be interested in ideas like this. And a sandblasting/powder coating guy. I am hoping in a more rural area prices might be lower than in South Florida and that maybe I can find someone not so high paced so that he might be willing to experiment.
I found a San lasting guy who does it on the side for me. Very economical.

Attachments

• 9CEE8DCF-EEF8-4A4E-8728-53371DA68D37.jpeg
    9CEE8DCF-EEF8-4A4E-8728-53371DA68D37.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 18
That is a HUGE blessing! You can’t hope to replicate those results with an angle grinder and cup brush. You also avoid the aspect of this hobby that brings true dangers whether from a grinder getting away from you (I have scars to prove it) or, more insidious, from aluminum dust and who knows what other stuff getting past your face mask 😷. I wish it were possible to set up for sand blasting at a realistic cost, but you would have to do an enormous volume to justify what it would take. Finding a reasonable provider is the ideal solution.

What’s the best option for a replacement pan for the old Genesis? Need three or four of the boogers and they’re expensive.
Hi Jeff, I have 4 good ones like the ones in the picture. Please send me a message if you are interested. Thanks Bill

IMG_0243.JPGIMG_0242.JPG

Back