Gouda cheese ?

Lynn Dollar

TVWBB Emerald Member
This was an impulse buy at the grocery store. It was on sale and too much for me to resist.

But I'm new to gouda. What do I do with it ? Can it be sliced easily ? Sandwich ?

MVR00Cx.jpg

Hi Lynn, with my DH being such a cheese lover, I have info. and recipes for just about any type of cheese. lol Here is a little bit of information from an article in a Bon Appetit mag. 10/91.

"The result is a rich cheese that is mild and creamy when young, growing progressively firmer and fuller in flavor as it ages. It's soft, almost buttery texture makes Gouda ideal for blending into such dishes as soups, omelets and casseroles. And its distinctive yet gentle taste makes it a perfect partner with everything from bacon to apples."

They then list 4 recipes: 1.) Gouda, Bacon and Leek Pancake 2.) Split Pea Soup with Gouda-Sausage Toasts 3.) Scalloped Potatoes with Gouda and Fennel 4.) Gouda and Red Salad Pizza. I also have recipes for bread, turkey burgers, spread and chowder. If interested in any of these, please, just let me know and I will be very happy to post them for you.

Joan, we might be interested. Right now, Mrs Dollar is gone to Lake Texoma for a quilting retreat. And I don't do anything in the kitchen without her buying in. It has to be a collaboration , or it won't work out :D

So I'll run these by her when she gets home.

Back