Got 14.5" WSM for $100 - Clearance at Walmart

I'm in Michigan this week on a family visit. Walked into Wally World in Clinton Twsp. and they were blowing out 2 14.5" WSM, in a box for $90.00. Have to think of a way to get them back to Nevada.

You're right on that. However with the 22 you can load up the food on the top rack without having to remove it to get to the lower levels. Charcoal is fairly cheap now a days. I stock up when they're 2 bags for $10. I hope I have enough for the season. However the 18 is a good compromise. Just not sure if I'm willing to go down to that size yet.

Oh yeah totally, that is why i opted to get a 22 rather than an 18 to complement my 14.5, if i need/want the extra space/ease at the expense of using more charcoal to get it done why even bother getting the 18 just get a 22 and have space to the max so that's why i bought it. in the next few weekends i'll be doing up at least 8 maybe more racks of ribs in the 22 for fantasy football draft parties here at my house is the other reason why i got a 22 :D

The newest addition to the collection. $139 at Wally World. Should pair nicely with the 22.5. Convenient for small cooks and can see some abt's and other cook's snacks hitting it during longer cooks.

FYI

I went to several walmarts in my area. There were some significant price differences. One of them had a Performer marked down to $150.

They all had 14 WSM's @ $140 and 22" OTM @ $150. The last one I checked at those at $99 each. Picked up the WSM for myself and the OTM for my parents.

Trying to tell myself not to go back and get another OTM for myself.

Last edited:
So is Weber using Wallyworld as an outlet to sell off a bunch of 14" smokers for $99 that the general public had no interest in buying for $200?

I had been checking out the prices at my local Walmart the last couple of weeks and they had the 14.5" for $149. I went there today to do some shopping and they had it marked down to $99 so I snatched it! The funny thing is that I had originally purchased a 14.5" from them for $199 and returned it to buy a 18.5" from Home Depot! Now I have both!
One more thing...don't trust the online inventory numbers on Walmart's website as they can be incorrect. My local store showed no on-hand inventory and they had one on the shelf.

Last edited:
Our local Walmart had the 14.5 for $139, I went there today and they are $99. It is getting hard to resist at that price.

Went to Wal-Mart today out of curiosity went into the garden section, and low and behold I see a 18.5" WSM (assembled) on a pallet with some other open/damaged boxes, it was all dusty and had no price tag or SKU. I asked for the manager and asked him what he was willing to sell it for, he responds: will you be comfortable paying $100, my response: I feel very comfortable...SOLD!

Good deals... great scores.... low price..... in the long run..... doesn't matter much.
It's what you cook with it.
That will give you true bragging rights.

I think MNunez wins on best deal award....but I just stole a 14 from my local wally for $50.

They had 5 of them on the shelf and marked them down to $99 a little over a month ago. I bumped into an assistant manager while checking out this weekend and asked him if they were going to lower the prices. He asked what I wanted to pay and I told him I wouldn't hesitate to buy at $50. Then he put the box in my cart. Happy day for me.

$54 after tax ;)

Back