Good to be back....

Bill S.

TVWBB Pro
Haven't posted in quite awhile due to an illness in the family. Just lost my beautiful wife Jo to cancer on Dec 27th. She had a 4 year battle, strongest person I've ever met. Never complained once. So......I'm treating my son son to some bbq, this weekend. Smoker was a mess. The last thing I did were wings, I don't know if that was even Spring of 12' or before maybe. But I do know that I left water in it, which lead to a beautiful bloom of mold that grew all Summer...eeesh. Cleaned everything in the house except the center ring, that took a trip to the car was for a high pressure hose dow. Didn't lose much of all years worth of seasoning that built up. That was a nice bonus. Got her smoking aay outside to dry it all out. Looking forward to doing a cook this weekend. My son wants a brisket...so brisket it is. Looking forward to some burnt ends.....

Thanks all.....Her saying through the whole thing was, ....."It is what it is, nothing you can do about". Hope to find that kind of strength some day.

Bill, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. May you and your son gain strength from each other, and both of you rejoice in the good times you had with your wife and mother.

Good wishes to you both....

I'm a rather new poster but I felt compelled to post.

That's terrible. She sounds like a strong gal. My condolences and prayers go out to you.

Back