Gone a while

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Been gone a while - up on Cape Cod for my cousins wedding followed by a week long stay at the beach up there. I love New England. Spent 4 years there growing up and always enjoy being back. And being on the cape, I had tons of seafood - especially stuff that I don't always easily (or cheaply) get here in VA - like lobstah, and little neck clams. Despite being gone, I was able look at a few posts, and I spotted this one by Don Cash. Not only a great meal, but a nice site that I'd never seen before. I looked it over during one morning's coffee and found this great looking recipe. I love little necks. I love Italian food. And I love grilling. Oh, and I was in Cape Cod. I instantly knew what we'd have for dinner that night.

It's actually nothing too fancy. A simple tomato sauce with a bit of sausage:

DSCN0497.jpg

Throw your clams on the grill:

DSCN0495.jpg

Then serve them up with a little pasta and fresh parsley. Of course, good friends and good wine go very will with this too.

DSCN0503.jpg

DSCN0501.jpg

Here it is plated up.

DSCN0505.jpg

Oh, when we got back, I had had a craving for some jerk pork loin. So I made this. Served with grilled zuke (EVOO, balsamic, S&P), jasmine rice, and mango-habanero salsa. No action shots, but you get the idea.

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

I haven't been posting too much, but have seen some awesome cooks going on here lately - many from new faces. Hopefully, I'll be on a bit more - gotta keep seeing all this great food. I hope everyone is enjoyine their summer.

Jim

Back