Gold B sandblasted flavorizer bars.

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
Guys,

I thought I ordered some new bars but I only ordered the grates and a new regulator. Well long story short I would have had to wait until the first week if July to get them because this Gold B has unusual bars. Well the stainless steel ones that were on it were in good shape just dirty and stained. So I thought I wonder if my sand blasting guy can sandblast them? I caught him in his shop so he went ahead and knocked them out for me. Only $20.00. They came out kind of gray like the inside of the firebox, so I took them home, broke out my orbital sander with a 220 grit disc and gave them a bit of a polish. I think they will pass inspection, thoughts?

Bobby

Attachments

• 20200622_191007.jpg
    20200622_191007.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200622_191057.jpg
    20200622_191057.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 20200622_191001.jpg
    20200622_191001.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200622_191108.jpg
    20200622_191108.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 73
They look great and highly salable to me! Great idea. Having a reliable, moderately priced sandblaster person would be a great find. I will be looking when I get settled.

Guys,

I thought I ordered some new bars but I only ordered the grates and a new regulator. Well long story short I would have had to wait until the first week if July to get them because this Gold B has unusual bars. Well the stainless steel ones that were on it were in good shape just dirty and stained. So I thought I wonder if my sand blasting guy can sandblast them? I caught him in his shop so he went ahead and knocked them out for me. Only $20.00. They came out kind of gray like the inside of the firebox, so I took them home, broke out my orbital sander with a 220 grit disc and gave them a bit of a polish. I think they will pass inspection, thoughts?

Bobby
Bobby is that top grate OEM from Weber or is that an aftermarket piece? It's in the 3rd pic. I like the way the rack has those handle extensions. My OEMs ended at the end of the box. Either way can you let me know where you got that from and possibly a linky?

Bobby is that top grate OEM from Weber or is that an aftermarket piece? It's in the 3rd pic. I like the way the rack has those handle extensions. My OEMs ended at the end of the box. Either way can you let me know where you got that from and possibly a linky?
George,

The warming rack is OEM, got it on Amazon. The handle extensions in the picture are actually the drawer pulls on the garage cabinets behind the grill. They just happened to line up with the ends of the warming rack.

Bobby

LOL thats hilarious! I see it now that you mentioned it. Someone on this forum should figure a way to make it with those handles. As long as they can clear the cover I think it would sell!

I would never use one of those warming racks. They always get in the way and more of a PIA to take them out, set them aside and then find them again. Besides, they are not Stainless steel and soon turn to a rusty corroded mess.

I would never use one of those warming racks. They always get in the way and more of a PIA to take them out, set them aside and then find them again. Besides, they are not Stainless steel and soon turn to a rusty corroded mess.
Bruce,

Very true however they look look purdy on a sandblasted all stainless steel internals flip grill!

Bobby

Yes, Bobby, they do. I actually have two or three of them, brand new, and I should probably put them on my rehabs and jack the price up $20. I either got them free or on a good sale anyway.

I love my warming racks, especially the swivel one that mounts to the lid. Great location for baked potatoes.

Yah J, that one is handy at times and out of the way, but I have two problems with it. First, it rots out as fast as the flat rack and second, if you are not careful and put too big of items in that rack, they get top heavy and can topple out of the rack.

I think the key to longevity of any of the accessories (racks and rotisserie parts) is to store them inside and not outside with the grill. Heck, on my 1000 the only wood shelf that stays outside is the flip table that’s bolted to the frame; the other 3 panels live inside. But then again I’m weird. :geek:

I’ve heard about the swing racks dumping their load, but so far so good for me.

Yes, Bobby, they do. I actually have two or three of them, brand new, and I should probably put them on my rehabs and jack the price up $20. I either got them free or on a good sale anyway.
Yea, I have gotten most of mine from that Amazon Returns Auction Site so I've not got a lot on them so adding them to my couple of flip grills was cheap.

Bobby

Back